These Salted Caramel Crock Pot Brownies come together with only FIVE ingredients! If you are looking for delicious crock pot desserts, look no further. This one comes together so fast and is so delicious.
Question: 1. Have you been following me on IG Stories lately? I have been trying to be more on camera. It has been painful. And it makes me question, not only my sanity, but also my ability to have a job on the internet when I feel like I’m 800 years old. 2. If you have been following me on IG Stories, are you also questioning my sanity?? I literally cannot get the day of the week right . . . like ever. I will start recording myself and say, “HAPPY WEDNESAY!!” with all the certainty in the world, and then get 400 messages that it is actually Thursday.
But. The good news is that every time I write my posts here, I can say with certainty: Happy Sunday! (Pssst . . . it’s because I write my posts ahead of time and know what day I’m going to publish. But don’t tell anyone that little secret). Sundays feel like such a good day for indulging in chocolate. Like, you made it through a long week. Maybe you cleaned your house on Saturday. Maybe you watched your kids destroy all your hard work. Tomorrow you are going back to work. Sundays. Chocolate. It’s a thing. And I have the perfect chocolatey recipe for your lazy Sunday.
SALTED CARAMEL CROCK POT BROWNIES
This amazing crock pot dessert recipe comes together with such little effort that it is exactly perfect for your lazy Sunday. I have another crock pot brownie recipe (Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Brownies) that this is just a simple riff on. It’s such a great go to dessert.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR SALTED CARAMEL CROCK POT BROWNIES
These are actually as easy as they sound, but there are a few things you should know.
- Caramel sauce is a fickle guy. So if it gets too hot it will absolutely burn. You want to keep your caramel sauce in the middle of your brownie batter. Don’t mix it in, it will burn when it gets close to the sides of the crock pot. If you gently pour it on top and in the middle of the batter, you will be good to go.
- The cooking time on this is listed as 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Mine was perfect at 2 1/2 hours. It was completely set at the edges and gooey in the middle. If you are worried about raw eggs, make this with pasteurized eggs and you should be good to go. If you are still worried, cook it for the full 3 hours, but know that it will be a little toasty at the edges.
- This has a distinct salt flavor because it is “salted caramel.” If that is not your jam, cut the salt in half or leave it out entirely.
Do you see how flexible these are? What version should I make next?
WHAT SIZE CROCK POT DID YOU USE?
I used a 6 quart crock pot. I actually own two of them. They are work horses that I have had for years and I love them. That said you could definitely cook this in a smaller one, you just might need to adjust the cooking time because your brownie layer will be thicker.
WHY IS THE COOKING TIME A RANGE?
As mentioned above, the earlier time is for gooey brownies. The later time is for brownies that are more set. Additionally, not all slow cookers are built the same or cook the same. So some will need more time, some a little less.
OTHER GREAT BROWNIE RECIPES
Salted Caramel Crock Pot Brownies
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounce caramel sauce
- Grease a large slow cooker very liberally with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix and salt. Then whisk in the oil, 1/4 cup water, and eggs until combined. Pour into the prepared slow cooker.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the brownie batter, doing your best to keep it away from the sides. Top with the lid and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- The brownies will be gooey in the center at the end of cooking (especially if you end around 2 1/2 hours) but the edges should be set. Scoop out and serve with a spoon and top with ice cream.
Other great easy desserts