This Strawberry Banana Fluff Salad is the perfect recipe to bring to a potluck! Old school comfort food at it’s best! Made with only a few simple ingredients, your kids could whip this up before the family picnic while you work on the Taco Pasta Salad and the Deviled Eggs! If you love this fluff recipe make sure you check out my Cherry Cheesecake Fluff!
I’ve received so much amazing feedback on this post! If you are looking for even more easy delicious recipes, follow me on Instagram @lisawineandglue!
My kids only have 8 days of school left.
I remember last year I was chomping at the bit to have them be out of school so we could do fun things. This year, I’m the exact opposite.
I’m so scared.
But! Along with the terrifying feelings of enterataining three children all summer while running two businesses, I’m feeling small – though fleeting – moments of excitement about some of the super fun things we will do this summer. One of the most favorite being get togethers with friends and family!
And what do all good get togethers need? Good food!
HOW DO YOU MAKE FLUFF SALAD?
There are so many different ways that you can make a fluff salad! Most of them have either cream cheese or cool whip, often they have both, like in this recipe. Usually there are marshmallows and maybe some type of fruit and instant pudding mix for a flavoring.
It ends up being a really fun dish that is super easy to throw together!
WHAT IS IN THIS STRAWBERRY BANANA FLUFF SALAD RECIPE?
This recipe is so simple and comes together with just a few easy ingredients:
- Cream Cheese at room temperature
- Cool Whip or any whipped topping. I know I will get the question. Yes, you can use homemade whipped cream, but it is not stabalized and I’m not sure exactly how it will behave in this recipe.
- Banana Pudding Mix. Just the mix! No need to actually make the pudding.
- Vanilla Extract
- Strawberries that are chopped.
- Bananas that are sliced.
It’s so easy, which makes it the perfect thing to bring to a BBQ or Picnic. If you are looking for more perfect recipes for potlucks, check out some of these!
CAN I MAKE THIS RECIPE AHEAD OF TIME?
Not really . . . it comes together so fast, you don’t really need to make it ahead of time. And the ingredients are best if eaten the day it’s made.
OTHER GREAT RECIPES FOR PICNICS
- Honey BBQ Instant Pot Cocktail Meatballs: These come together super fast in your pressure cooker and everyone loves them!
- Pina Colada Fruit Salad: I love this simple twist on a classic fruit salad! It sounds amazing!
- Soba Noodle Steak Salad: This salad is everything you want it to be! It is made with delicious marinated steak and packed with amazing flavor!
- Dill Pickle Chicken Salad Croissants: These sound incredible! I love chicken salad and I love dill pickles, so I can’t wait to make these for a picnic!
- Easy Pesto Pasta Salad: This is perfect for feeding a big group and it comes together in about 20 minutes!
- Blackberry Mint Lemonade: This would be perfect for a picnic on a hot day!
WATCH ME MAKE THIS STRAWBERRY BANANA FLUFF SALAD RECIPE
Strawberry Banana Fluff Salad
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 3 ounces banana pudding (just the dry mix)
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 1/2 cup milk (I used 1%)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 banana sliced
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the banana pudding, then the cool whip, and then the milk and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the strawberries, marshmallows, and banana.
- Best when served the day it is made.
Other great recipes for a picnic or BBQ