May around here means Cinco de Mayo celebrations, and that only means one thing: margaritas! (And chips and guacamole, obvs) More specifically, this sublimely sweet and simple Strawberry Margarita.
If you’re more on top of things than I am, you’re no doubt already planning a Cinco de Mayo fiesta the likes of which your amigos have never seen. But if you’re still mentally stuck back in February, mix up a batch of this delicious frozen strawberry margarita recipe and you’ll snap into the here and now pronto! Or try this Raspberry Lemonade Margarita or Sunny Orange Margarita for a refreshing, warm-weather treat.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE A STRAWBERRY MARGARITA?
This crowd-pleasing cocktail comes together with just a few ingredients. My homemade Sweet and Sour Mix blends beautifully with the sweet strawberries while the kick of tequila doesn’t let you forget it’s a margarita. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A batch of Sweet and Sour Mix. It’s quick to whip up and can be used in dozens of delicious recipes.
- Tequila! Good quality tequila is key to making a really great batch of margaritas.
- Triple sec or orange liqueur, whichever you prefer This Blood Orange Margarita recipe is a good one too!
- Frozen strawberries. If you have fresh berries on hand, by all means toss them in! Just add a few ice cubes for a frozen texture.
HOW TO MAKE A STRAWBERRY MARGARITA
For a great big pitcher of this margarita recipe (and trust me, you’ll want a big batch) mix your good quality tequila, a cup or so of the homemade Sweet and Sour Mix, a half cup of triple sec or orange liqueur and about half a dozen cups of frozen strawberries in a blender. Mix until smooth and serve in a sugar rimmed glass immediately. On the rocks or frozen, this refreshing margarita will be a summertime favorite long past Cinco de Mayo!
For One Margarita
- 1 1/2 ounce good quality tequila
- 1 1/2 ounce homemade sweet and sour mix (find the link in the recipe and notes)
- 3/4 ounce triple sec or orange liqueur
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
For A Pitcher of Margaritas (Six Margaritas)
- 1 1/4 cup good quality tequila
- 1 1/4 cup homemade sweet and sour mix
- 1/2 cup triple sec or orange liqueur
- 6 cups frozen strawberries
- Add the sweet and sour mix, tequila, orange liqueur, and frozen strawberries to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Using corn syrup, gently coat the rims of the glasses. Dip the coated rims into sugar. Fill glasses with strawberry margaritas and enjoy!