These Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies are a cookie lover’s dream! Just slightly crisp on the outside and fudgey on the inside with that amazing chocolate flavor!
The other day I saw a meme on Facebook that said something like:
“Most women say 2,000 words in a day. My five year old gets that done before breakfast.”
And I thought, “Gasp! There are cameras in my house!!” Okay, not really. But seriously, you guys. That is my life.
Actually the other morning I was trying to peacefully get some work done at a very early hour before the whole house got up. Little Quinn showed up, as cute and adorable as ever, and sat down next to me and immediately began talking incessantly. I told her that she could definitely sit there, and I would even make her breakfast, but she couldn’t talk to me.
You guys, she had a meltdown.
This girl **loves** to talk.
The other day she said to me, “Mom? Why do you think God made me so talky?”
I told that to my best friend and she said, “BECAUSE HE MADE A MISTAKE.” ????
The other day in the car on the way to school, I recorded all the questions she asked me along the way.
Is grass good?
What does ‘anyway’ mean?
Why are all these trees dead?
Why do all these houses look different?
What is that truck for?
Why do the trees have different color leaves in fall?
You guys. It’s a 10 minute ride. And that’s not even all the questions.
It’s so good that Quinn is just about the sweetest person on the the planet. Or I might have to strangle her.
And my sweetest little girl, looooooooves chocolate, almost as much as she loves talking. Almost. So when she saw these cookies she said, “Mom!!! Can I please have one of these?? . . . . After you are done taking pictures of them??”
These cookies have a solid THREE types of chocolate in them. There is cocoa powder that gets mixed in with the flour. There is semi-sweet chocolate that gets melted and mixed into the batter at the end creating their fudgey like center on the inside and then these amazing chocolate chunks mixed into the batter.
A true chocolate lover’s dream.
You are **almost** to the recipe, but before we get there I’m going to give you my tips for perfect cookies. Read ’em all, and then make these!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING THE BEST COOKIES!
- Your butter has to be room temperature. You should be able to push your finger into it and make a small dent but not go all the way through. Want to make that go faster? Cut your butter up into 1 inch pieces and leave it on the counter for a half hour.
- Your eggs also need to be room temperature. Want that to go faster? Fill a bowl with luke warm water and leave them in there for a few minutes.
- It’s really important to measure your flour correctly. Scoop the flour into the measuring cup and level it off. If you scoop right out of your flour container using your measuring cup, you will end up with significantly more flour.
- Make sure you cream your butter and sugar together for at least three minutes. It needs to not just be mixed, it needs to be light and fluffy. The sugar actually beats air into the butter and that’s key in baking.
- Your pans can’t be hot. If you are baking in batches and need to use your baking pans more than once, you need to make sure that they have cooled before you put more dough on them. You can make this happen fast by just running them under cold water and drying them off. Speaking of pans, I love these! And I love using these with them.
- This isn’t essential, but I find that using a scoop helps to keep all your cookies the same size, for consistent baking and it also makes the process of getting the cookies into ball form so much faster! I love this scoop.
Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips melted and at room temperature
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, cream together the brown sugar, white sugar, and butter (see note above about creaming and butter consistency).
- Mix in the eggs (one at a time) and the vanilla.
- Then slowly (a half cup at a time), mix in the flour mixture. Mix in until just combined.
- Mix in the melted (and cooled) chocolate. Then mix in the chocolate chunks.
- Let batter sit, covered, on the kitchen counter for 30 minutes. This will help it become more fudgey.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats . Using a 1 1/2 TBSP cookie scoop , scoop and roll balls of dough. Place two inches apart and bake for 14 minutes, rotating half way through baking. Remove from the oven, and after two minutes transfer to a cooling rack until full cooled.
Other great cookie recipes
This post contains affiliate links, if you click on them and then make a purchase, I make a small amount of money at no additional cost to you. Thank you in advance for supporting Wine & Glue.