This Tropical Margarita Sangria recipe starts with white wine and then some simple ingredients – tequila, pineapple juice, simple syrup and fruit! This easy cocktail is a fun twist on a traditional sangria recipe. If you are looking for more fun twists on cocktails, try this Margarita Moscow Mule, this Cranberry Beergarita, or this Strawberry Daiquiri Sangria.
I’ve received so much amazing feedback on this post! If you are looking for even more easy delicious recipes, follow me on Instagram @lisawineandglue!
It’s finally spring!!!
Or is it? Sure seems hard to tell with all the snow flying everywhere! I am for sure ready for warmer weather. In the spring I get super antsy for summer BBQs and cocktails on the patio. Probably because I live in Wisconsin and summer is exactly four days long so you have to enjoy every single second of it.
Which is why I start my alcohol plans in March. ????
Top of your summer drinking list should be this Tropical Margarita Sangria! While I love a traditional sangria recipe as much as the next person, it’s great to do fun twists on classics! This recipe combines two of my favorites, an amazing margarita and sangria!
HOW DO I MAKE SANGRIA?
Traditionally sangria is made with a few simple ingredients:
- rum or brandy
- sliced fruit
- sugar or simple syrup
I like to make my sangria in a less traditional way. I opt to combine different liquors with the wine, and mix things up with other flavors like different juices and fruits, like in this Pina Colada Sangria or this Apple Pie Sangria!
WHAT MAKES A TROPICAL MARGARITA SANGRIA?
- In this recipe I took the makings of a margarita: tequila, triple sec, and lime juice.
- Then I added in some pineapple juice and tropical fruit to make a truly special and amazing sangria!
- Rim your glasses with some sugar and garnish with a pineapple chunk and a cherry to make for a perfect drink!
- If you are looking for a slightly sweeter drink, you could add in more simple syrup or make this with moscato!
Looking for more great cocktails to serve at your parties? Check out these beauties!
WATCH ME MAKE THIS TROPICAL MARGARITA SANGRIA
Tropical Margarita Sangria
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1 cup good quality tequila
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice about two limes
- 750 ml sparkling white wine chilled
- 12 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 kiwi sliced thin
- 2 oranges sliced thin
- 1 cup sliced pineapple
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- In a large pitcher combine triple sec, tequila, simple syrup, lime juice, pineapple juice and sparkling white wine.
- Stir in the chopped fruit and serve in sugar rimmed glasses!
You’ll also love: