This marinated Zucchini Salad is the perfect easy side dish. It comes together in about ten minutes and has the most delicious wonderful flavor. If you are looking for a great vegetable side dish that you can feel good about serving to your family, make this raw zucchini salad. A shaved zucchini salad, doubled or tripled, is also a great dish to bring to a big family function.
I am so in love with this Zucchini Salad, you guys. It’s a recipe that I created years ago. I love it’s simplicity, and the way all of the flavors come together in the most perfect way.
Fun fact: I entered this raw zucchini salad in a random and fun little food challenge, and a well known and professional chef took one bite and exclaimed how delicious it was. Super high praise that I will never get over.
ZUCCHINI IN SALAD
I would argue that this is the best way to eat zucchini in a salad. Zucchini doesn’t have the same moisture rich crunch that cucumbers have, so they don’t act the same way in a raw salad. For example, I would never swap the cucumber in this Cucumber Tomato Salad for zucchini.
But peeling the zucchini into ribbons and marinating them with the carrots, they take on the delicious flavors of the salad dressing. This marinated zucchini salad is the perfect way to eat zucchini raw in a salad.
ZUCCHINI SALAD INGREDIENTS
Because this zucchini salad is made with shaved zucchini and carrots, it’s got the feel of a zucchini noodle salad to it. It’s made with just a few ingredients, making it so easy to throw together!
- Carrots, shaved into ribbons
- Zucchini, shaved into ribbons
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil
- Lemon Zest and Lemon Juice
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
Guys, I’m willing to bet you already have half of that in your house. So easy!
Summer always makes me want to come up with a million zucchini recipes for ya’ll. And this is just the beginning. I have several great zucchini recipes, and I love each one even more than the next.
If your garden is bursting with zucchini this summer, make sure you head back here and collect some of these fantastic zucchini recipes:
- BAKED ZUCCHINI FRIES: A delicious and light side dish
- ZUCCHINI CUPCAKES: Perhaps my all time favorite zucchini recipe.
- ZUCCHINI BANANA BREAD: Such a delicious and moist spin on banana bread.
- 2 medium carrots peeled into strips
- 2 medium zucchini peeled into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil cut into ribbons
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Place in the refrigerator, covered, and allow to marinate for at least a half hour or up to 24 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Other great side dishes you will love: