These Italian Stuffed Peppers are a perfect easy weeknight meal! A full, well rounded meal, all in one dish!
So . . . did you guys know that IKEA couches (COUCHES) come in a box, unassembled???
Right. Of course you knew. Because literally everyone I tell this story to looks at me like, “I mean . . . you ordered from IKEA. How did you think they were going to show up??”
So we needed a new couch and love seat and decided to go with IKEA because it was . . . cheap. ???? But really. When you have three kids under 10, why would you shell out a few grand on furniture that is going to be covered in pizza sauce, boogers, and dirt? So . . . IKEA.
When the truck showed up with our shipment, I happily, perkily looked at the delivery guy standing infront of the huge truck full of brown boxes and said, “Oh! Mine is the couch and the love seat!” He looked at me . . . . like I’m new and says, “Ma’am, all we have is boxes.”
Guys. In my head I literally thought I would pull off the cardboard and then sit down on my couch.
Apparently my husband thought so too. ????
THEY SENT ME COUCHES THAT I HAD TO ASSEMBLE.
Five hours later (FIVE HOURS) we had couches to sit on.
Damn you IKEA!
Okay, so these Italian Stuffed Peppers are much easier to assemble than couches. Like MUCH easier. Plus, they have the added bonus of tasting super delicious. We have had these a few times now and the kiddos love them. They are full of great flavor, plus they are my favorite kind of dinner, the kind where you get all your food groups in just one meal! Your family is going to love these!
And they only take 10 minutes to assemble . . . not five hours 😉
- 5 bell peppers
- 2 TBSPs olive oil
- 16 oz Italian Seasoned Ground Turkey
- 8 oz microwave beef seasoned rice, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 TBSP dried parsley
- 1/2 TBSP dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers, removed the ribs and seeds, and then dice the tops of the peppers.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Add the chopped bell peppers, and saute until soft, about five minutes.
- Add the Italian Seasoned Ground Turkey, and break up as you cook it. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, and dried basil. Cook until the meat is no longer pink. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Stir in the cooked rice, pasta sauce, and one cup of the mozzarella cheese. Divide the mixture between the five hollowed out bell peppers. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
For more stuffed pepper goodness:
Sweet and Tangy Tuna Stuffed Peppers from Country Cleaver
Pizza Quinoa Stuffed Peppers from Rachel Cooks
Stuffed Pepper Soup from Southern Plate
Mini Grilled Stuffed Peppers from Lemons for Lulu
Beef and Spinach Stuffed Peppers from Aggie’s Kitchen
Hawaiian Pizza Stuffed Peppers from The Cookie Rookie