This Bacon Jalapeño Creamed Corn is a unique, creamy dish full of spicy, smoky flavor. Easy to make and super scrumptious!
I’m so happy to be partnering with Horizon, Tapinfluence, & White Wave to bring you this easy delicious side dish! Thank you for supporting the brands that make Wine & Glue possible.
I’m guessing you guys have noticed reading this blog that I looooooooove Horizon Organic. I have worked with a lot of brands over the years, but they are one of my favorites. We truly love their products, and my kids are primarily comprised of their macaroni and cheese and their milk.
BACON JALAPENO CREAMED CORN
This decadent Bacon Jalapeno Creamed Corn recipe features their glorious heavy cream and milk, which makes this dish the creamiest, most flavorful creamed corn I have ever tasted in my life! Plus, it’s so easy to put together, you won’t believe it! I love it with Thanksgiving turkey, but it is also delicious served alongside my Honey Barbecue Ribs or my Grilled Chicken Legs. It’s versatile and easy enough to make any night of the week!
What’s your favorite Horizon Organic product to cook with? I love hearing your ideas… please drop me a comment below!
EASIEST CREAMED CORN RECIPE
This is the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving dinner, or any time you’re entertaining a crowd. It takes up zero oven space, can be made in just minutes and tastes indulgent and fancy. Here’s all you need to do:
- Fry up some bacon. You’ll want to make sure to use regular bacon and not thick. The key to this recipe is the grease to flour ratio and if there’s too much fat from the bacon it’ll throw off that balance. So save your thick bacon for breakfast tomorrow and use regular.
- Add diced jalapeno. I love using a fresh jalapeno (make sure to scrape out the seeds, that’s where all the heat lives) but you can use a can of diced jalapenos too!
- Mix in your flour. Flour mixed with the bacon grease will create the most perfect roux and will act as a thickening agent for this creamy dish.
- Next comes the Horizon Whole Milk and Horizon Heavy Cream. Now is not the time to worry about calories, friends. Use WHOLE milk and save the skim or 1% for your cereal. Trust me, you will not be sorry!
- Add whole kernal, frozen corn. The frozen corn will thaw in no time and will stay nice and crisp in the creamy mixture.
- Salt and Pepper it up! Season it to taste and serve it nice and warm. You will receive accolades like you never have before!
MORE DECADENT RECIPES WITH HORIZON ORGANIC
I love making recipes with Horizon products! From breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert, try a few of my favorites:
- Breakfast Braid
- Stuffed French Foast
- Baco Cheddar Sour Cream Waffles
- Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Spinach Artichoke Lasagna
- Pizza Mac N Cheese
- Red Velvet Sour Cream Bundt Cake
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this Bacon Jalapeno Creamed Corn. Drop me a comment below, and enjoy this tasty dish!
Bacon Jalapeño Creamed Corn
- 5 slices of bacon diced (not thick cut, see note)
- 1 jalapeños diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup Horizon Whole Milk
- 1 cup Horizon Heavy Cream
- 16 ounces frozen corn
- 1 TBSP sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a cast iron or non stick skillet over medium heat, add the the bacon and cook, when it just starts to crisp, add the jalapeño and continue cooking.
- When the bacon is fully cooked, add the flour and mix with the bacon and jalapeño, fully coating them. Allow the flour to slightly brown, and then slowly add the whole milk a little add a time, whisking it into the flour mixture, only adding more milk when no clumps remain. Continue until all the milk is added. Repeat with the heavy cream.
- When all the liquid is added, stir in the frozen corn. Heat through. Season with salt and pepper and then stir in the sugar. Serve warm.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of White Wave Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.