These Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs come together in one pan and are so easy. They are delicious, rich, and perfect served on a bed of rice. Your family is going to want these over and over for dinner.
Looking for another great easy chicken dinner recipe? Make my Butter Chicken!
I am so excited to be working with Gold’n Plump again this year to bring you this amazing and delicious recipe using their bone-in chicken thighs.
A FAST EASY DINNER RECIPE
We are into the thick of summer and I’m beginning to question my sanity (again). Why do I feel the need to sign my kids up for billions of activities in the summer? I think I need to realize that summertime is lazy time. It’s a great time to just hang and do a whole lot of nothing and leave the stress of crazy schedules for the school year.
Because I haven’t done that (again), I’m on the prowl for easy dinner recipes. I’m looking for recipes that are simple, come together fast, have minimal clean up, and are super delicious! These Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs totally fit the bill!
USING BONE IN CHICKEN THIGHS FOR THIS HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN
This recipe starts with Gold’n Plump’s bone-in chicken thighs. I love Gold’n Plump products for so many reasons! They are our go to for chicken recipes. I love that their chickens are raised on family farms in Wisconsin and Minnesota (three cheers for the Midwest!). I love that they are all natural and raised without any antibiotics, ever. And more than anything else, I love the way that Gold’n Plump holds up in recipes and tastes just perfect every single time. If you are looking for more great recipes that I’ve made using Gold’n Plump chicken, check out this Bacon Cheddar Ranch Stuffed Chicken Breasts and this AMAZING One Pot Meatball Stroganoff!
Their bone-in chicken thighs were the perfect cut for this easy honey garlic chicken recipe.
HOW TO MAKE HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN
- Start this recipe by melting a little butter in an oven proof skillet.
- Season the Gold’n Plump Bone-In Chicken Thighs with salt and butter.
- Place them skin side down in the butter. Cook for four minutes on each side.
- While the chicken is searing whisk together the honey garlic chicken sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken thighs and place them in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and turn the oven to broil for three minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, remove the chicken from the pan, and heat the sauce over medium, whisking for about a minute to thicken the sauce.
- Return the chicken to the pan and serve!
WHAT IS IN HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN SAUCE?
The sauce in this recipe is really amazing and brings the whole recipe together! It is truly worth it to take that extra minute to thicken up the sauce at the end! And it only has four simple ingredients!
- soy sauce
- rice vinegar
No need to stop here, there are so many great chicken thigh recipes out there that you could make with Gold’n Plumps Bone-In Chicken Thighs.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS CHICKEN DINNER
As you can see, we had this recipe on a bed of rice which is perfect for soaking up the great flavors in the sauce of this recipe. But great side dishes for honey garlic chicken are:
- OVEN ROASTED ASPARAGUS: They are so simple to make and are a great veggies side dish for this.
- ROASTED BABY POTATOES: Another great simple side with flavors that work great with this dish!
- BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE: Skip serving this on a bed of rice and make it with this casserole instead!
WATCH ME MAKE THESE BAKED HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN THIGHS
Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound Gold'n Plump Bone-In Chicken Thighs
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- diced scallions (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In an oven proof skillet, melt the butter. While the butter is melting, season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken skin side down in the butter. Cook for four minutes or until the chicken easily releases from the pan. Cook for an additional four minutes on the other side.
- While the chicken is searing, mix together the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and rice vinegar to create the sauce. Once the chicken is done searing (four minutes on each side), pour the sauce over the chicken and put the entire pan in the hot oven.
- After 20 minutes, spoon the sauce over the chicken again, and set the oven to broil for three minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and remove the chicken from the pan. Place the pan with the sauce over medium heat and cook, whisking, for 1 to 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Return the chicken to the pan and spoon the sauce over the chicken again.
- Top with scallions and sesame seeds if you wish, serve over rice, and enjoy!
More great chicken recipes!