This is The BEST Corn Salsa recipe! Easy to make and with simple ingredients you will want this for all of your taco nights! Our favorite way to eat this corn salsa recipe is on Shrimp Tacos or next to my Instant Pot Chicken Tacos.
ACTUALLY THE BEST CORN SALSA RECIPE
I have had this Corn Salsa recipe twice for dinner in the last week. Which either means this actually is the best corn salsa recipe or I need a mom in my life. You know, one or the other.
I love that this recipe comes together with very few ingredients and minimal seasoning. It means that the corn, avocado, and green chiles can really shine and make this a refreshing dip recipe that you will want to make all summer long.
CORN SALSA INGREDIENTS
- canned green chiles
- red onion
- canned corn
- lime juice
SUBSTITUTE FRESH CORN
If you are in the thick of corn season, I highly recommend substituting the canned corn with fresh corn! This could quickly become a roasted corn salsa by throwing two or three ears of corn on the grill and substituting that for the can of corn. I think that the char marks on the corn from the grill would add a smoky flavor to this recipe that would be amazing.
PICKING THE PERFECT AVOCADO
Guys, we aren’t making guacamole. We are making an avocado corn salsa. Like when making Cowboy Caviar, we want our avocados to have just a little give when you push down on them. We want them to be firm enough that they are going to hold their shape when we cut them and and add them to the bowl.
To cut the avocado:
- Slice it in half and remove the pit.
- Cut each half into a quarter and then peel the skin off of all four quarters.
- Dice the quarters and throw into the salsa.
I think canned chiles are a really easy ingredient for this recipe. You get a little bit of a kick while keeping this an appetizer that most people will enjoy.
If you want it more spicy, you can pick up a hotter can of green chiles.
Though I haven’t tried it this way yet, if you want to add more heat and keep all your ingredients fresh, you could dice up a fresh jalapeño instead.
WATCH IT DISAPPEAR
This dip goes fast! So if you are making it to go on top of tacos and as an appetizer, definitely double the recipe.
And you guys . . . . it’s okay. At only 107 calories per serving of corn salsa you can feel great about throwing this on your tacos. Or eating it for dinner.
If you make this avocado corn salsa I would love to hear about it! Be sure to come back and let me know!
OTHER GREAT RECIPES FOR TACO NIGHT
- Our taco night always starts with my HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING.
- If you don’t make THE BEST MARGARITAS, did taco night even happen?
- You didn’t double the corn salsa?? Good thing you made the BEST PICO DE GALLO to go on tacos too. 😉
- It’s a simple one, but this CILANTRO LIME RICE makes everything right.
The BEST Corn Salsa
- 11 oz canned corn drained
- 1/2 a small red onion diced
- 1 slightly firm avocado diced (see note)
- 4 oz green chiles drained
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1 TBSP cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, toss to combine, and serve with chips.