Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes with Cheese are so easy and the BEST mashed potatoes I’ve ever had!
I’m so happy to be partnering with Horizon to bring you this amazing mashed potato recipe! Thank you for supporting the brands that make Wine & Glue possible.
I’m in total disbelief that we are already to November and that Thanksgiving is just around the corner!
So I have this thing with Thanksgiving where I want to make all the traditional recipes . . . but with a twist. Nothing about this surprises you, I suspect. 😉
But! I have to say, that this might be the mashed potato recipe to end all mashed potato recipes. Like I don’t think I need anymore mashed potato twists after this guy.
It has everything that you want in mashed potatoes. They are creamy, they are delicious, they are happily lump free, they are packed with flavor. AND! And? They are easy. They are so crazy easy that I feel like this is the only way I want to ever make mashed potatoes ever. Ever.
Cheesy Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes Tips:
So these potatoes are made totally in the crock pot. You cut up some red potatoes (you don’t even have to peel them!), you toss them in with some Horizon butter, chicken stock, and seasoning, and then you cook them for a few hours. You blend them RIGHT in the crock pot. Then you mix in the Horizon heavy cream and cheese. It could not be easier. And if you are like me, you don’t even transfer them to a plate, you just eat them straight out of the crock pot 🙂
You guys? They have a whole brick of Horizon cheese in there. I’m totally in love with Horizon’s new White Cheddar. It is full of delicious flavor and it melts perfectly. It made these potatoes totally irresistible. It made this lasagna perfection, and it made this breakfast braid perfect for your brunch table. You guys, I just want to eat a brick straight.
This is my go to mashed potatoes from here on out, and I hope they are for you too.
Cheesy Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Cheesy Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds red potatoes scrubbed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Horizon unsalted butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1/2 cup Horizon heavy cream
- 8 oz Horizon white cheddar shredded
- In a large slow cooker, combine the potatoes, chicken broth, butter, and seasoning. Cook on high for four to four and a half hours until the potatoes fall apart easily when pressed with a fork.
- Keep the slow cooker on high until the following steps are complete.
- Blend the potatoes with a mixer right in the slow cooker until smooth. Blend in the shredded cheese, stirring until melted. Then stir in the heavy cream and serve warm.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.