This Cherry and Corn Salad is made with roasted corn, fresh cherries, and the most delicious marinated chicken. The ingredients to this easy corn salad recipe scream summer! Grab a glass of strawberry lemonade and make this your dinner on a summer night.
This week I’ve been planning Quinn’s birthday party and I’m kind of in shock that she is going to be seven. I feel like I was juuuuust pregnant with her.
The summer that I was pregnant with her was rough! Not only was I pregnant during the summer, but it had been just a few short months since we lost Elliot. I was so terrified during my pregnancy with Quinn. We didn’t have any clue that anything was wrong with Elliot until I was about 37 weeks. So even up until the very end with Quinn, I was so very scared.
So this is going to sound crazy, but aside from being terrified that summer, the other thing I remember about being pregnant with Quinn that summer . . . . was cherries. I was craving fresh cherries like crazy. I was going through a bag a week! Maybe even more. I remember at one point, my dad came to visit me and brought me a bag of cherries and I thought it was maybe the nicest thing anyone had ever brought me. ???? #pregnancyhormones
So I kind of just had to make a summer salad with fresh cherries in it! And since fresh corn salad recipes also make the perfect summer entree, I knew I had to make you this Summer Cherry and Corn Salad.
WHAT GOES INTO A CHERRY AND CORN SALAD RECIPE
This is not your typical cold corn salad recipe. There are so many layers and flavors to this salad recipe. I’m totally in love with it. It would be a great side dish without the chicken, but I love adding the chicken and turning it into a full meal.
- Start with a bed of fresh salad greens. I really love buying mixed greens, but if spinach is your thing, grab some of that for this recipe.
- Next you need some Apricot Mustard Marinade that you can use on some chicken and grill it up.
- You will want some fresh cherries. Give them a rough chop and make sure to get rid of those pits.
- You will need fresh corn of course. Throw it on the grill while you are grilling up your chicken!
- Then you need some feta and sliced almonds.
- Finally, because you are so smart (go you!), you reserved half of your marinade before throwing your chicken in it. Thin it with a little olive oil and use that as your dressing!
SALADS FOR DINNER
Like I mentioned, I love having a great big salad as a meal, especially in the summer time. This easy salad recipe is so perfect for a nice big lunch or a hearty dinner. Here are some other great salad recipes that would double as a full meal:
- This Apple Bacon Salad is so simple, but has so many great flavors to it.
- This Southwestern Steak Salad is going to become a favorite of yours! It also has corn in it, a crazy good steak marinade, and a jalapeño ranch dressing!
- This I love this twist on a classic cobb salad with the Cajun Cobb Salad!
Tell me your favorite salad recipe to eat in the summer!
Cherry and Corn Salad
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts slice in half (see note)
- 1 batch Apricot Mustard Marinade (see note)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 ear grilled corn
- 1/2 cup fresh cherries pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- olive oil optional
- Prepare the Apricot Mustard Marinade according to instructions. Reserve half of it before combining the other half with the raw chicken. Marinate the chicken for four hours.
- Grill the marinated chicken for about three minutes on each side or until they register 165 degrees internally. Slice the cooked chicken.
- While the chicken is grilling, peel the corn and throw it on the grill next to the chicken, turning it after a minute or two so that each sides gets a little charred. Remove the corn from the grill and carefully cut it from the cob.
- Layer the remaining ingredients, the greens, grilled corn, cherries, feta cheese, sliced almonds, and finally the chicken.
- If the reserved marinade seems too thick, thin with a little extra virgin olive oil, about a tablespoon at a time, until you get the desired consistency.
Other great summer recipes you will love!