These Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites are a delicious, easy snack! They taste like a treat but are packed with nutrition to give you that boost of energy you need.
Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites are my answer to those days where I’m just dragging to get through the day. They’re full of healthy stuff like oats, agave, and peanut butter but with a bit of cocoa and chocolate chips for that little sugar rush. They’re so yummy and easy to make and a huge hit with my kids too. I make a huge batch and keep them in the fridge so we can all grab one or two (or several, let’s be honest) on the go. They’re perfect for taking to the gym, serving as an after school snack, or packing along to the park.
Love these but want the original? Make these Five Ingredient No Bake Energy Bites then let me know which ones you prefer, in the comment section below!
SUGGESTIONS FOR NO BAKE ENERGY BITES
- Store any leftover no bake energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- You can freeze these yummy treats too! Store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months. I love them frozen so I keep a supply handy in the freezer all the time.
- If you or any of your family have nut allergies, you can try this recipe with almond or sunflower seed butter. The consistency may be a bit different but they’ll still taste delicious!
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR AGAVE NECTAR
I love using agave syrup in this recipe because it gives a sweet flavor without using a lot of sugar. You can find several varieties of agave in your regular grocery store, or you can use any of these substitutions:
- Honey (substitute exact amount for amount)
- Maple Syrup (substitute exact amount for amount)
- Corn syrup
- If you want these no bake energy bites to be even more healthy, you can omit the sugar altogether.
MORE DELICIOUS NO BAKE ENERGY BITES INGREDIENTS
I love the texture of oatmeal, peanut butter, and mini chocolate chips in this recipe. But the greatest thing about this recipe is you can add just about anything you like! Here are some yummy suggestions:
- Add dried fruit like raisins, chopped dates, figs, or cranberries
- Toss in a few teaspoons of flaxseed, chia seeds or hemp seeds
- For extra sweetness, try mini white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips.
- Flavor up your energy bites with all kinds of spices: pumpkin spice, cinnamon, or nutmeg.
MORE HEALTHY SNACK RECIPES
Next time hunger strikes, don’t reach for a candy bar! Try some of these yummy, nutritious snacks that will curb your appetite and keep you on track.
- Homemade Granola Recipe
- Three Ingredient Green Smoothie
- Broccoli Cheddar Cauliflower Tater Tots
- Homemade Granola Bars
- Healthy Peanut Butter Dip
- Strawberry Blueberry Yogurt Pops
You and your kiddos will positively love these quick and easy chocolate no bake energy bites! The mild chocolate flavor, the hearty oats, the creamy peanut butter, there’s nothing more satisfying!
I would love to hear from you! Do you love energy bites? What are some of your favorite ingredients? Leave me a comment below and we can swap ideas. Enjoy this delicious treat!
Chocolate Energy Bites
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 TBSPs agave nectar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Mix together all of the ingredients until fully combined.
- Using a 1 1/2 TBSP cookies scoop, make one inch balls, roll and store in an airtight container.