This Cilantro Lime Rice recipe is just like what you get in your go to burrito at your favorite Tex Mex restaurant! It is delicious, easy, and only three ingredients. It’s a must make when your table is loaded down with slow cooker taco chicken, pico de gallo, the best margaritas and the best guacamole!
I have a tropical cocktail recipe in mind for Shake Drink Repeat because snow. So this week Nathan bought a coconut at the grocery store because I thought it would look great in the pictures. You guys. My family is obsessed with it. They have called dibs on the water and the “meat” of it when I’m done with it.
Yesterday Piper asked me 4.2 billion times if she could have the coconut. Towards the end of the day she was whimpering and when I asked her why she said, “I don’t want to tell you because I’m talking about it too much.” I said, “Piper. Are you thinking about the coconut again?”
She was. ????
Who can blame her? The weather is garbage, and I just need tropical food ASAP. This Cilantro Lime Rice is more like tropical adjacent. With the lime and cilantro it has some great Tex Mex vibes that remind you of eating at Chipotle, Q-Doba, and Cafe Rio. I love a big bowl of cilantro lime rice and chicken with all the fixings!
HOW TO MAKE CILANTRO LIME RICE
This rice could not be more simple to make. You will make it once, and wonder why you haven’t been making it every time you have taco night.
- Bring 2 cups of rice and four cups of water to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes or until the water is fully absorbed.
- Fluff the rice, transfer it to a bowl, and stir in cilantro and lime juice.
Ridiculously easy, right?
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS CILANTRO LIME RICE RECIPE
The possibilities are endless in our house for taco night. I love a bowl of cilantro lime rice with black beans. Here are some other great recipes to throw into the mix with your lime cilantro rice.
- It would go perfect next to this Mexican Tostada.
- Obviously if you are going to have taco night, you need The Very Best Fresh Tomato Salsa.
- My rice would go perfect in a burrito with this Shredded Mexican Braised Chicken Breast.
WATCH ME MAKE THIS CILANTRO LIME RICE
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups water
- juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons) (see note)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Bring rice and water to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the water is fully absorbed.
- Stir in chopped cilantro and lime juice.
More great recipes for Taco Tuesday: