This Crustless Spinach Quiche is the perfect light breakfast! It is only 140 calories per slice. With only 20 minutes of hands on time you just can’t beat this spinach quiche recipe. It is my Crustless Vegetable Quiche recipe reimagined into a delicious spinach mushroom quiche that will always have brunch guests asking you for the recipe. Serve it with my amazing Bloody Mary Mix, my irresistible homemade granola recipe, and of course make a batch of my apple carrot zucchini muffins to go with it.
Almost two years ago now I made you this Crustless Vegetable Quiche Recipe. The recipe development happened to come at the same time as I was talking to lots of people in my life about grief and how to be there for people who are grieving. I won’t rewrite the post here, you can read it for yourself, but it felt incredibly important to write it. And since then I have had so many people comment about how they found that post at the exact right moment in their own grief journey.
So here I sit with this blog . . . and it’s a business, guys. It pays the bills, it will hopefully put my kids through college. It’s something I dedicate roughly 40 to 80 hours a week to. It’s a job. I’m going back and updating old posts. Writing them in such a way that I hope google will throw me a bone and help them be easier for you to find in the sea of other recipes.
But I refuse to touch that post. I have tried to go back and update that quiche recipe with the right keywords, and I just can’t. It seems too important to leave it as it is. So go read that post. Maybe it will help someone you know in your life. And then make this spinach quiche recipe, and the original too, because they both are so good.
HOW DO YOU MAKE SPINACH QUICHE WITHOUT CRUST?
I love my crustless quiche recipes because they are so simple. They are basically three simple steps and once you get it down, you can mix up the ingredients.
- Sauté all of the vegetables.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, spices, and cheese.
- Pour all the vegetables into the quiche pan and then top it with the egg mixture.
So simple, right?
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN CRUSTLESS SPINACH QUICHE?
This spinach mushroom quiche comes together with minimal ingredients, which is another reason why I love it!
- extra virgin olive oil
- minced garlic
- eggs and egg whites
- swiss cheese
- salt and pepper
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT CHEESE BESIDES SWISS?
Absolutely! If you don’t love Swiss Cheese, pick something that you do love. This would be amazing as a spinach feta quiche. I struggle not putting feta on absolutely everything, so I skipped it this time. (See my Roasted Beet Salad or my Greek Salad Quinoa Bowls for good examples.) Mozzarella would be another great option in this spinach and cheese quiche.
BRUNCH RECIPES THAT WOULD GO GREAT WITH THIS CRUSTLESS SPINACH QUICHE RECIPE
This is such a great recipe if you are cooking for a crowd. It is simple and can be served warm or cold. Plus it is a great vegetarian option. If you are hosting and want more great brunch recipes that would pair well with this try:
- HAM AND CHEESE OVERNIGHT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- THE BEST BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
- EASY HASH BROWN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE
- CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY MONKEY BREAD
- ZUCCHINI FRITTERS
Crustless Spinach Quiche
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced small
- 8 ounces mini portabella mushrooms sliced (white mushrooms could also be used)
- 5 cups spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a nine inch quiche dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Then add the garlic, onion, and mushrooms. Cook, sautéing until the mushrooms are soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add in the spinach and stir until wilted. About two minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Pour the vegetables into the quiche dish. Add the egg mixture over the top. Bake for 40 minutes or until the edges start to pull away from the side of the dish and the middle has just a slight jiggle to it.
Other great breakfast recipes: