Do you remember last summer when I flew out to Portland to visit my lifelong BFF and her brand spanking new cute as can be baby?
It seems like light years ago. You know how you can never get enough time with really good friends? Yeah. It’s like that.
So my friend Erin is really lucky because she married a total foodie! (Okay, to be fair, he also happens to be a really sweet and nice guy and a great dad . . . . but FOODIE!)
Since having their sweet little boy, they have started having date nights at home. They do it the same night every week to make sure it happens, and her husband makes a really delicious dinner that they enjoy after the baby goes to bed. They sit and chat over dinner, sip wine together, and then watch a movie. So cute you want to barf, right?
Well, while I was out visiting, Mr. BFF made this super yummy dinner that included this delicious side salad! I am ashamed to admit that I don’t even remember what the main part of the dinner was, I was so enamored with this salad. Weird, right? But that’s kind of how I am with a good side salad. I love ’em.
This salad is super easy, but jam packed full of flavor. It makes the perfect compliment to a meaty main dish, and it’s lemony flavor screams summer. It’s so ideal for a night of grilling.
Easy Side Salad
- 1 medium shallot sliced very thin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (the juice of about half a lemon)
- 4 cups packed arugala
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (more to taste)
- Put the thinly sliced shallots in the bottom of a small bowl, cover with lemon juice, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the shallots, whisking to combine.
- Add the arugala to a larger serving bowl. Pour the shallot, lemon, olive oil mixture over. Toss to combine. (I often use my freshly washed hands, massaging the dressing into the arugala).
- Enjoy immediately!
You might also like