These Yogurt Pancakes are so easy to make, and the best part, is that you can use ANY flavor of yogurt to make them! They are perfect for a fun breakfast for the kids, and easy enough that the kids can even help you experiment and come up with great ideas!
I am a proud ambassador for Yoplait yogurt. I love their products, and I love how perfectly their Yoplait Original works in these amazing pancakes!
Here we are guys . . . we are in the home stretch of the school year! That time of year when suddenly things get crazy and it’s all the things at once. But at the end of it comes the end of alarm clocks and school lunches. And the start of beach days. Time at the park. And pelting your kids with water balloons.
Around our house, summer feels like a mixed bag. I LOVE having more time with my kids doing things with them that we love. Seeing them play at the pool, run at the park, and build sandcastles at the beach – guys, we live in Wisconsin. All beach time is magical. But on the other hand . . . I work from home and that’s hard to do with three kids. Stress levels can run high. Kids start to do anything and everything to push their siblings’ buttons . . . oh the buttons.
Mixed bag, guys.
And I’m sure it’s similar for you too!
So, I’m doing my best to just really focus on the amazing parts of that bag – like being able to make my kids a nice big breakfast each day because we aren’t in a super rush. First up on that list is going to be these easy Yogurt Pancakes made with Yoplait Original! We love Yoplait! They have such an amazing and different product line, and you can always find some in my fridge. They are perfect for snacking when we are dealing with the not so great parts of the mixed bag and I need to just grab something and go.
For these pancakes we used the Yoplait Original because it mixes in so perfectly and with Yoplait’s huge flavor line, you can get super creative with these pancakes. Or just make vanilla yogurt pancakes and call it a win because your kids are eating a homemade breakfast, something – cough – not always true in my house.
HOW TO MAKE YOGURT PANCAKES
- Grab your favorite flavor of Yoplait Original (6 ounces). Think about if that flavor would have something that would work really well with it (see some ideas below). Or just run with their great vanilla.
- Whisk together your dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix together the Yoplait, one egg, and some vanilla.
- Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet. Be sure not to over mix.
- Preheat a skillet over low heat. On my gas stove, I keep it between about a two and a three.
- Spray your cook surface with a little cooking spray. I like to work one pancake at a time right in the middle of the pan (or get two skillets going at once), but if you have a bigger skillet just go for it.
- Cook for two minutes on the first side, flipping when you start to see a lot of bubbles. And about a minute on the second side.
DIFFERENT WAYS TO MAKE YOGURT PANCAKES
- Using Yoplait Original Mixed Berry, take out the vanilla extract and add in a tiny bit of lemon juice (about a teaspoon) and lemon zest (about half a teaspoon).
- Using Yoplait Original Strawberry, add in about 1/2 a cup of fresh chopped strawberries and about half a cup of mini chocolate chips.
- Using Yoplait Tropical, replace the vanilla extract with 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract and mix in some toasted coconut (about 1/4 cup).
- Using Yoplait Lemon Burst, mix in about 1/2 a cup of fresh blueberries.
Guys, I could seriously go on and on and on. There are so many different things you could do with these. And it would be really fun on a day when your kids didn’t try to murder each other, reward them by taking them to the store and letting them think of what would make a great combination. Then go home and experiment with a huge multi flavored pancake feast!
And lest you think that things at my house are pancake picture perfect . . . here is Piper just minutes after I wrapped up this photo shoot.
First of all. Do ya’ll see the look of sass on her face? That’s my kid. Second, note that she is eating her yogurt with her fingers. In a leotard. No. We were not headed out to dance class. That was just the outfit that day.
Happy summer guys!
WATCH ME MAKE EASY YOGURT PANCAKES
Easy Yogurt Pancakes
- 1 6 ounce container Yoplait Original any flavor
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat a skillet over medium low heat (that was between a 2 and a 3 on my gas stove).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, egg, and vanilla extract. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and set aside.
- Spray the skillet lightly with cooking spray. Put two tablespoons of the batter onto the skillet. Cook about two minutes on the first side, waiting until you see bubbles to flip. Cook on the second side for about another minute.
- Serve warm.
Other great recipes using Yoplait