Eggnog Poke Cake | A super delicious and easy poke cake with a favorite Christmas flavor!
Holy hell December is busy!! All the sudden I feel like I am swimming in to do lists and not quite keeping up with everything I took on! Yikes! Anyone else feeling that way?
For whatever reason, my kitchen is 10 times dirtier these days than it normally is.
There are also approximately 7,645 boxes on my dinning room table. Yay for online shopping! Boo for having to actually deal with it.
And the Elf on the Shelf? Would it be so much to ask for that little jerk to move itself once in a while? Because I’m kind of sick of rolling out of bed 30 minutes after laying down and tromping downstairs to rig up a trapeze act for a doll.
Okay, all my whining and complaining is just to say that this post is going to be short and sweet so that I can get back to my long to do list. But it’s ending up being long and whiney, hahaha!
So, let’s get back to short and sweet.
This Eggnog Poke Cake is pretty much the definition of short and sweet! It comes together so simply and is absolutely delicious! It’s my favorite poke cake yet. It has the taste of eggnog, without being overpowering. It’s something that you could bring to a party and not have to stress over because it is so simple and fast to make! And I know I can use more of that these days 🙂
Eggnog Poke Cake
- 1 box white cake mix and all the ingredients to make it
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg plus extra for topping
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- cool whip for topping
- Preheat the oven according to the directions on the box.
- Mix the cake according to the directions on the box. Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and rum extract.
- Bake according to the directions on the box.
- After removing the cake from the oven, poke holes in the top. Then pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake, making sure to get some in each of the holes.
- Refrigerate overnight, and before serving top with Cool Whip. Lightly dust with nutmeg.
Want more poke cake?