This Homemade Chocolate Whipped Cream is only three ingredients! It is easy to make and is the perfect addition to any dessert! This would be delicious on top of some mocha fudge brownies or stirred into an Irish Coffee!
Have I mentioned that I started another blog?
Because I’m insane?
It’s true. All of it. The second blog and the insanity.
I needed a place where I could store ALL my cocktails. So Shake. Drink. Repeat. has become my own personal bar closet. Full of traditional, twists on traditional, and totally whacky cocktail creations.
Oh yeah! That’s why I started a second blog . . . .
I like booze.
Anyway! The other day when I was making my Baileys Martini, I was thinking bout how good it would be with some chocolate whipped cream on top. And my next thought was how easy that would be to make and how it definitely needed to be a recipe here on Wine & Glue!
Homemade whipped cream is very easy to make, and it’s super simple to chocolify it!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM
The first step is to get a metal bowl and your metal beaters very cold. I stick mine in the freezer for 15 minutes and then get going right after I pull it out.
Add some granulated sugar to the cold bowl.
Add in some cocoa powder.
Whisk the two together with a fork.
Add in some cold heavy cream.
Beat all the ingredients together. Very soon, the liquid will become thick and soft peaks will begin to form.
And then you have yourself some amazing chocolate whipped cream!
USES FOR HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM
There are so many great ways to eat this chocolate whipped cream, but my favorite would probably be off the beaters.
- I love my cookie cakes with a topping, and this would be perfect!
- It would be amazing on top of this Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Brownie!
- It would be great on top of some hot chocolate.
- A nice dollop on top of a chocolate pie would be perfect.
- And I love the combo of orange and chocolate, so I think it would be amazing on these Orange Lemon Orangies!
Homemade Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 1 TBSP granulated sugar
- 1 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy cream cold
- Place a metal mixing bowl and metal beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- In the bottom of the cold mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar and cocoa powder.
- Pour in the heavy cream. Beat with the cold metal beaters until soft peaks begin to form. Use right away on your favorite desserts.
More chocolate desserts that you are sure to love!