You definitely need to know How to Toast Coconut! It is the perfect addition to so many different desserts! It needs to be part of your life.
Wisconsin woke up to an April blizzard this weekend. It was total insanity you guys. We tried to drive to see my new nephew, a car ride that should take an hour and a half. We got half way there and decided after seeing like the 8th car in the ditch that it was too risky and turned around. Three hours in the car to no where.
It has been snowing for like 36 hours straight. I’m over it.
So you will have to excuse me as I try to recreate the tropics that I was in like three weeks ago. Seriously, I made you a Dole Whip with Rum the other day (YUMMY) and I have so many more tropical recipes in mind . . . admittedly most of them have booze in them and will be showing up on Shake. Drink. Repeat. ????
And obviously if we are doing all things tropical, we need to know how to toast coconut.
HOW DO I TOAST COCONUT?
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread 1 cup of shredded coconut on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the coconut begins to turn golden brown.
- Toss it half way through, redistributing it.
See! It’s so simple!
GREAT RECIPES TO USE TOASTED COCONUT IN
There are almost too many to mention, but try your toasted coconut flakes in these!
- This Samoa Cake is a fan favorite, and then with the coconut on top ????
- If you need an easier version of the cake above, make this Samoas Poke Cake.
- I love to rim the edge of this Samoa Martini with toasted coconut flakes . .. am I sensing a theme?
- This Pina Colada Lush is the perfect tropical no bake treat!
- This Coconut Pound Cake will fulfill all your coconut dreams!
- These Five Ingredient Peanut Butter Pretzel Energy Bites are the perfect easy snack!
- I want to dive into this Easy Toasted Coconut Cheesecake!
How to Toast Coconut
Wondering how to toast coconut? You just need 20 minutes and a few simple things! It's the perfect addition to so many desserts!
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread one cup of shredded coconut on it in a thin layer.
Bake for 7 minutes, toss the coconut and redistribute it on the sheet and then bake for 7 more minutes or until the coconut is golden brown.
Let cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to one month.
Toasted coconut is great in these recipes: