This Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup is your very favorite slow cooker taco soup, but made in the pressure cooker! This is a really simple spin on my Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup. My family loves this soup so much. Even my picky eaters eat it up! Serve it on it’s own, or make a delicious salad and some fast easy biscuits to go with it! Such a great Instant Pot Recipe!
Happy Friday Friends!!
Is it just me or has this week been a GIANT unforgiving pain? OMG. It is the week with all the problems, none of the solutions, that would not end. I’m kind of over it. So let’s take a breather and enjoy this recipe that is so easy and delicious.
INSTANT POT CHICKEN TACO SOUP
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup! This soup is the pressure cooker version of my Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup. It is a favorite in our house because it comes together crazy fast, like five minutes of preparation and then dinner is ready when we are! There is nothing better than being able to just walk in the door and ladle a full meal right out of your pressure cooker.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT TACO SOUP
This soup is amazing because it really is just dump and go. Throw in your chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, corn, beans, chicken, and taco seasoning. Then seal up your Instant Pot and set it. At the end shred your chicken and serve it up!
This chicken soup would be delicious with alllllll the toppings my friends! You can toss on whatever you like but some suggestions are:
- sour cream and cheddar cheese
- jalapeños (I have fresh pictured here, but I really love pickled in my soup)
- green onions
- tortilla chips!
Another thing I love about this soup is how light it is! This soup is perfect if you are trying to eat lighter and are following a different eating plan, like Weight Watchers. It comes out to about 300 calories a bowl. Before the sour cream of course. ????
This soup is also super versatile. If you wanted to make it vegetarian, you could swap out the chicken stock for vegetable stock and swap the chicken out for another can of beans or two!
MORE GREAT INSTANT POT RECIPES!
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Honey BBQ Instant Pot Cocktail Meatballs
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 ounce taco seasoning (3 tablespoons)
- 16 ounces kidney beans drained
- 15 ounces black beans drained
- 11 ounces corn drained
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- Combine all of the ingredients in the Instant Pot.
- Put the top on and seal. Set it to manual, high pressure, 5 minutes. Make sure the valve is set to sealed before you start. After a moment the Instant Pot will beep and say "On." At that point it will start building pressure and eventually the pressure valve will raise and then it will start counting down the 5 minutes. (The total time varies from Instant Pot to Instant Pot, but the total time in the IP will be about 35 minutes.)
- Once the Instant Pot has counted down the 5 minutes, use a manual pressure release, turning it to venting. Once the valve has fallen, remove the top, shred the chicken, and serve.
Other great easy soup recipes!
This post contains affiliate links, if you click on them and then make a purchase, I make a small amount of money at no additional cost to you. Thank you in advance for supporting Wine & Glue.