If you love Irish Coffee but sometimes need an extra jolt of the good stuff (and I’m not just talking about caffeine) then these Irish Coffee Shots are going to speak right to your heart. They will never cease to make you happy, and come together in just a few ingredients.
I adore a good Irish Coffee recipe. The rich whiskey and strong coffee are a can’t-be-beat combination, but versatile enough to a little something extra… like in this Salted Caramel Irish Coffee! But every now and again you just need something a little, I don’t know…stronger. These Irish Coffee Shots are like an espresso to your regular java. Stronger, stiffer, and here’s the best part–super simple to make!
IRISH COFFEE SHOT INGREDIENTS
These little coffee shooters need only five ingredients! And one of those ingredients is water. So you can imagine how easy it is to whip up a batch of the best Irish Coffee Shots any old time you want. Here’s what you need:
- Good Irish Whiskey (In my book it doesn’t get much better than Jameson)
- Your favorite instant coffee (try it in my delicious Adult Iced Coffee recipe too)
- Hot water
- Some sweet, rich brown sugar
- Whipped cream for topping
HOW TO MAKE IRISH COFFEE SHOTS AT HOME
- Boil up some water. Easy peasy.
- Then add your favorite instant coffee and some brown sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Next, fill four two ounce shot glasses about halfway with the coffee mixture.
- Top with rich Jameson Irish Whiskey and a hefty amount of glorious whipped cream.
This recipe makes four shots, but can easily be doubled or tripled to keep the party warm and inviting all evening long. For more caffeine party pleasers, try these Baileys Irish Cream Jello Shots or this Irish Coffee Eggnog.
Irish Coffee Shots
- 4 ounces Irish Whiskey I used Jameson
- 4 ounces water
- .11 ounces instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- whipped cream for topping
- Heat up the water until boiling. Stir in the instant coffee and the brown sugar.
- Fill 2 ounce shot glasses half way with the coffee and sugar mixture. For a less strong drink, fill 3/4 full.
- Top the shot glasses with Irish Whiskey and then with whipped cream.