These Italian Mashed Potatoes can be made ahead of time and then popped in the oven right before the rest of the meal is served or warmed up in a slow cooker! A perfect side for holidays or just a weeknight meal!
Okay, before we get started here, I should say that I love calling these Italian Mashed Potatoes, because the flavors of them are just like those you use in Italian cooking . . . but they aren’t like some sort of traditional Italian side dish. I am FOR SURE going to get an email from an enraged Italian person saying something like they don’t even eat mashed potatoes and how dare I.
But guys. It’s cool. I’m like 50% Italian, so I totally get to name stuff Italian when I throw some basil into it. Right??
So these potatoes are so perfect for Thanksgiving. You can make most of it the night before and then just throw them in the oven to warm them up the day of. Or you can make the guts, the baked potatoes, the day before and then whip up the rest while you are waiting on your turkey.
This batch here was actually made from the guts of the potatoes I used for these Jalapeño Popper Potato Skins. I saved them and then a couple days later made this. You guys are going to love how easy these are to make and how jam packed they are of flavor. You won’t even need gravy!
Italian Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds of potatoes baked and skins removed
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk I used whole
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 TBSP dried basil
- 1 TBSP dried oregano
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together the cooked potatoes and cream cheese until smooth, adding the milk as you go.
- Beat in the spices and herbs and then stir in the cheese.
- Pour into an oven proof dish, cover, and bake for 20 minutes
You might also like