These Italian Roasted Smashed Potatoes are easy, loaded with garlic, butter, and cheese, and seasoned perfectly. They are a great side dish for any night because they involve so little hands on time! Your family is going to love this perfect roasted potato recipe! These would be perfect with these Italian sloppy joes or these Italian stuffed peppers. And they would be amazing as part of your Thanksgiving dinner!
Did your kiddos have a good time trick or treating?
My kids had a total blast! Piper demanded that Nathan only refer to her as Rapunzel. As in, “It’s Rapuzel. Call me Rapunzel, Dad.” And then they did the absolute adorable thing of dumping all their candy out on the kitchen table and organizing it. It makes no sense, but I love that so many kids do it.
And now with Halloween behind us we can officially officially talk all about the holidays!
THESE POTATOES ARE GOING TO BE YOUR NEW GO TO SIDE DISH!
You guys, Wine & Glue is seriously lacking in the sides department. And while I specifically made these Italian Roasted Smashed Potatoes for Thanksgiving, these would be amazing any night of the week on your dinner table. They boil for 30 minutes, then you have about 5 minutes of hands on time before throwing them in a hot hot oven for 10 to 15 minutes. They are so low maintenance you are going to want to make them all the time.
Plus, they are made with Italian spices, garlic, butter, and cheese. I mean. Does it get any better than that?
So definitely make these for Thanksgiving, because for real, everyone is sick of just plain mashed potatoes. But then make them next time you roast a chicken or make some frozen fish sticks for dinner because you just can’t with a real dinner that night. Your family will love you for it.
You will love these other great side dishes! These Roasted Green Beans with Sesame and Garlic look easy and full of flavor! This Creamed Spinach is the perfect side! This Scalloped Corn and Broccoli looks so rich and full of flavor!
Italian Roasted Smashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 TBSPs butter melted
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tssp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Add the potatoes (whole) and cook for 30 minutes. Drain the potatoes.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the cooked potatoes on the baking sheet. Gently push down the potatoes with a fork or potato mashers. You are looking to just crack them, not mash them.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Combine the melted butter, garlic, and dried seasoning. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and then top them with the cheeses.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is gooey and melted.
Looking for more great sides?