This Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe with Easy Dipping Sauce need to be part of your weeknight dinner line up! This chicken tender recipe is so delicious and way lighter than traditional fried chicken tenders and barbecue sauce.
I’m so excited to be partnering with Yoplait to bring you this awesome dinner option! This is a post from 2015 that desperately needed some updated photos, because it is a fantastic chicken recipe that wasn’t getting any air time. I still love working with Yoplait and am a proud ambassador for them. Because I refuse to delete old stories about my great kids, you get a little blast from the past. We still love this recipe and it is a nice break from healthy meatballs and sheet pan chicken fajitas – other great staples in our house.
STORY FROM 2015
So we are three days into K4, I’m sort of holding it together as my baaaaaaybeeee leaves me each day, and then our school pulls the rug out. I can no longer walk Quinn in to school. I have to just do the curb side drop off that I do with the the lummox (have I mentioned that we started referring to Gavin as “the lummox”? I mean. He’s huge. How did this even happen??).
You guys! I had been doing so well! But this morning when I just had to kind of toss her out of the car [she was carefully taken out of the car and lovingly handed to her principal who is the best and then escorted into school where her awesome teacher took over] . . . . I lost it!!!
Oh, 2015 Lisa. It’s all good. You have no idea how times will change.
HOMEMADE CHICKEN TENDERS
Let’s talk about this Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe with Easy Dipping Sauce! When I made these (again) for my kids, they raved about them! They talked about how much better homemade chicken tenders are than the freezer variety and how they want me to make them way more often. they were than.
We love this recipe. It’s a recipe I have been using for years and totally love. They bake up in 15 minutes, they aren’t deep fried, and the whole shebang takes you less than a half hour. PLUS! They are roughly 80 calories a stick and so good warm or cold, meaning you should double the batch and save the left overs for salads and wraps in lunch the next day!
This Yogurt Dipping Sauce is the perfect addition to these baked chicken fingers. Less calories than your typical BBQ sauce and without the sugar. It’s made with Yoplait non fat yogurt, just the original kind, and is super yummy.
GREAT SIDE DISHES TO SERVE WITH THESE BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS
If you are looking for some healthy sides to go with this dinner, you could try this creamy tomato bisque. I think that this cucumber and chickpea salad would be a great way to add some veggies to this dinner. We eat roasted broccoli all the time, but I know my kids would love to mix it up with this broccoli salad instead. This southwestern chickpea salad would be a great way to add in another flavor to this dinner!
Okay, so game plan: I sit and cry about my baby getting older and you make these right away! Sound good? 😉
Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe with Easy Dipping Sauce
For Chicken Tenders
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 TBSP milk I used skim
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 TBSP sweet paprika
- 1 TBSP chicken stock base
- 2 TBSPs grill seasoning see note
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
For Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Yoplait nonfat yogurt
- 1 1/2 TBSPs hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, to make the breading mixture, combine the cereal, bread crumbs, paprika, chicken stock base, grill seasoning, and vegetable oil.
- Pour the flour out onto a large plate. Whisk the eggs with the milk in a medium sized bowl and put it next to the flour. Finally pour the breading mixture on a large plate next to the eggs. Place a large baking sheet next to the breading mixture.
- Season the chicken tenders lightly with salt and pepper and working in batches dip them in the flour, then the eggs, then the breading mixture and place them on the baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is baking, mix together the yogurt, hot sauce, garlic, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
Recipe source: Rachel Ray
Looking for other great dinner options?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Yoplait®. The opinions and text are all mine.