When Spring Fever hits hard but you’re still staring down at least six more weeks of winter, this Midori Splice is just the cocktail to beat those winter blahs and send you on the virtual vacation you deserve.
Deliciously sweet, this tantalizing Midori Splice recipe combines all the flavors of a perfect beach vacation: coconut, pineapple, and melon flavored liqueur. Because of its sweetness, Midori can be paired nicely with more tart flavors. If you love sweet and sour, you’ll flip for this Midori Sour Recipe. And if you need more tropical in your life, you’ll want this Tropical Margarita Sangria.
But if creamy and sweet is what you’re craving, this Midori Splice cocktail with cream is easy to make and is so divine, you’ll practically feel the island breeze and the sand between your toes. For more delicious options, try this Hawaiian Sunset Cocktail or this Tropical Breeze Cocktail.
MIDORI SPLICE INGREDIENTS
- Start with the bright green star of the bar itself, good quality Midori
- Coconut rum (just the thought makes me long for a poolside lounge chair…)
- Pineapple Juice and a slice of fresh pineapple for garnish
- A couple ounces of heavy cream. The cream is optional, as this Midori Splice recipe tastes delicious either way. But the cream creates such a lovely presentation, and balances out the sweetness of the cocktail.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A MIDORI SPLICE?
- Combine four ounces of Midori, four ounces of coconut rum along with eight ounces of pineapple juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill two tall cocktail glasses with ice and pour the Midori Splice over the ice.
- For the cream, gently spoon the heavy cream on top. (See photo below)
- Garnish with fresh pineapple, cherries, whatever tropical fruit your heart desires.
- Close your eyes and dream of Hawaiian sunsets.
- 4 ounces Midori
- 4 ounces Rum
- 8 ounces Pineapple juice
- 2 ounces cream optional
- pineapple slices for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all of the ingredients, except the cream.
- Fill two tall cocktail glasses with ice. Pour the Midori Splice over the ice.
- Using a spoon (see photo above), gently pour the heavy cream on top of the cocktail. Garnish with a pineapple slice and enjoy!