Well, here we are, smack dab in the thick of summer, my friends! As I write this, most of the country is under a nightmarish heat wave which, on the one hand, it’s summer so it comes with the territory. But on the other hand it’s completely sucking my soul dry! Time to recharge with a deliciously refreshing cocktail and this Mojito Margarita is just the thing to see you through the rest of this sweltering season.
If choosing between a margarita and a mojito has you longing for one of each, this is the recipe for you! This icy cocktail combines minty mojito with tangy-sweet margarita, resulting in a pitcher full of flavor that you’ll be sipping well into the fall! These Easy Skinny Mojitos, Strawberry Mango Margaritas and Coconut Mojitos are some other favorites.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE MOJITO MARGARITAS?
This glorious Mojito Margarita recipe is sweetened ever so slightly with my Simple Syrup. You can use it in a million recipes, like this Mojito Sangria or this Gin Fizz. Whip up a batch and sip on it all summer long! You’ll also need:
- Good tequila (I’m partial to Jose Cuervo Silver)
- Club soda
- Lime juice (from the actual lime or from a bottle, either works)
- Fresh mint leaves (for muddling and more for garnish)
- Some kosher salt and a lime wedge for garnish
HOW TO MAKE A MOJITO MARGARITA:
Once you combine these two crisp cocktails you’ll never go back! The flavors muddle (no pun intended) together beautifully! Here’s how to make it:
- Prep your glass by coating the rim with simple syrup and dipping it in kosher salt.
- In a tumbler, combine about five mint leaves, half an ounce of lime juice and an ounce of simple syrup and give it a good mashing. (No muddler? The end of a wooden spoon does the trick nicely too!)
- Next, add in a couple ounces of tequila, three ounces of club soda and some ice and give it a good stir.
- Finish off the presentation by adding a couple more mint leaves and a lime wedge.
Your porch will become the spot to cool off as we head into the last long stretch of summer. Make a pitcher or two and enjoy the ride!
- 5 mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup plus more to line the glass
- 2 ounces tequila
- 3 ounces club soda
- kosher salt optional
- lime wedge for garnish
- Optional: Coat the rim of the glass with simple syrup and dip in kosher salt.
- In the bottom of a tumbler, muddle mint leaves, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Add in the tequila, add ice, and top with club soda. Give it a gentle stir.
- Garnish with mint leaves and a lime wedge.