This Mojito Sangria is the delicious Mojito Cocktail in Sangria form. It is light, refreshing, and absolutely perfect to make for parties.
THE CLASSIC MOJITO
The classic mojito recipe muddles sugar, limes juice and mint leaves in the bottom of a high ball glass before topping with white rum and club soda.
HOW DO YOU TURN A MOJITO INTO MOJITO SANGRIA?
Well that’s a great question.
Whenever I am making a sangria recipe, I start with a base of wine – either white or red depending on the other flavors going on.
With this recipe I started with white wine and then added the other flavors of a classic mojito: lime juice and lime wedges, fresh mint leaves, and white rum. They combine together to make the most refreshing and delicious sangria recipe.
HOW DO YOU MAKE MOJITO SANGRIA?
Start with muddling. Since muddling is such an important part of mojitos, start by mudding the mint leaves, simple syrup, and lime juice in a mixing glass. If you don’t have a muddler, use the end of a wooden spoon or ice cream scoop. Just gently muddle, no need to break apart the mint leaves.
Add the mint and lime mixture to a large pitcher. Since leaving the mint leaves in is a part of a mojito, we are going to leave them in this sangria.
Add in the wine and the rum. I used a white rum and a sparkling white wine. The white wine I used was a blend and a little bit of carbonation to it making it a perfect substitute for the club soda in a traditional mojito.
OTHER GREAT WHITE SANGRIA RECIPES
- This TROPICAL MARGARITA SANGRIA is another sangria cocktail mash up that you don’t want to miss.
- My WHITE SANGRIA is the classic recipe and a good place to start if you are new to make sangrias.
- I love this SUNSET SANGRIA. It’s an older recipe of mine and one of my favorites.
MORE GREAT SPINS ON MOJITOS
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 20 mint leaves
- 1 cup white rum
- 750 milileters sparkling white wine chilled
- 3 limes cut into wedges
- club soda optional
- Muddle the mint and the simple syrup.
- Combine the lime juice, muddled ingredients, rum, limes, and sparkling wine in a large pitcher.
- Serve in glasses with club soda if desired.