This Muesli Pumpkin Bread is an easy quick bread that is packed with delicious muesli! Thank you Nature Valley™ Toasted Oats Muesli for partnering with me on this amazing bread!
We have a blood sugar problem in my house. And the biggest outcome of it?
Like my kids are typically well behaved (as am I . . . ). But oh man! When hanger strikes (anger + hunger = HANGER) it’s like the world is going to come to an end.
We They become raging beasts.
The other morning my well intentioned, but just occasionally moronic husband made the ill informed decision of giving Quinn sugary cereal for breakfast . . . and nothing else. Like cereal that should really be housed in the ice cream aisle of the grocery store as a sundae topping, not hanging out there like it deserves to be part of the most important meal of the day.
We saw the rage of the hangry beast about an hour later.
I’m constantly on the lookout for good fulfilling breakfasts for my kids. And since they are kids who shy away from scrambled eggs, I sometimes need to get creative. So I was so excited to try Nature Valley Muesli.
I soaked it in buttermilk and used it to make this amazing and delicious Muesli Pumpkin Bread. It is full of the delicious flavors of the Toasted Oats Muesli, plus delicious spices and pumpkin! It’s so perfect for fall, and bound to keep my kiddos full for a while.
Nature Valley Muesli is a breakfast option that you can feel great about. It is also totally diverse. Put it on yogurt, eat it cold with milk, or make it warm like oatmeal. Be sure to head over to Nature Valley to grab a coupon for it and follow Nature Valley on Twitter and Facebook for more great recipes using it!
Muesli Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Nature Valley™ toasted oats muesli original
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of allspice
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree 100% pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 by 5 bread pan with cooking spray.
- Combine 1 cup of the muesli with the buttermilk in a medium size bowl and soak while preparing the other ingredient, about five minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking bowser, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs. Then whisk in the brown sugar, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla. Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Pour the batter into the loaf pan, top with the remaining two tablespoons of muesli and bake for about 55 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes than transfer to a cooling rack to cool for an hour before slicing. Store in an airtight container for up to four days.
Recipe adapted from here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nature Valley . The opinions and text are all mine.