This Olive Pizza Appetizer is such an easy and fantastic appetizer for a party or get together. It’s made with my pizza dough recipe that never fails. This appetizer recipe is an olive lover’s dream! If you like my Olive Cheeseball, you MUST make this olive pizza recipe.
Happy Monday, friends! As I mentioned yesterday when I posted my DIY Bird Feeders (ps have you watched the cute video of Piper yet? It seriously melts my heart. It’s at the bottom of that post if you haven’t seen it yet), we had a BUSY weekend! One highlight for sure was Trick or Treating. But you guys, my kids got WAY too much candy. On the fly I came up with a great system for getting rid of it that I’m sure will make every seasoned mom roll her eyes when she hears it. I’m not original, but I still love it.
Have your kids dump out their candy on the table. Put a big kitchen mixing bowl next to them on one side and their treat buck on the other side. Then have them sort. For every one piece they put in their bucket to keep, they pick two pieces to put in the mixing bowl which then gets donated. There are tons of great places to donate. Our school sends candy to the troops, but a reader mentioned that some dentists do a candy buy back program – which honestly seems like a bad business model for them, but good for them! 😂 – and I know there are some restaurants who offer coupons with candy trade ins.
Anyway! While the kids were munching on their treats, I was making a treat more up my alley. I’m a savory person for sure, and I LOVE olives! So this olive pizza appetizer is for me!
When I was first thinking of a black olive pizza recipe, I was thinking about how much I love olives, but how great it would be as more of an appetizer. Kind of a spin off the traditional Veggie Crescent Bites. I wanted to make something using my great pizza dough recipe. And then I thought about how popular this Olive Cheeseball is near the holidays, and then it all kind of came together in one big food blog miracle moment. Hooray for green or black olives on pizza!
HOW DO YOU USE OLIVES ON PIZZA?
If you are an olive lover like me and just have to use them on all.the.things., then this is a great recipe for you to make! It’s not a traditional pizza, obviously, but it will fill your olive cravings, and it will serve as a great appetizer. If you are looking for green olives in pizza in a more traditional way, then you have to try my White Pizza! It is seriously amazing. If black olives are more your thing and you are looking for a black olive pizza recipe, then you need to check out this Spinach Artichoke Pizza. It is my FAV!
HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS OLIVE PIZZA?
- Start by making a batch of my pizza dough recipe. Heads up, the recipe makes two crusts, and you only need one for this recipe.
- Line a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spread the uncooked dough inside the baking dish and brush with olive oil.
- Bake the dough.
- While the dough is baking, mix together the cream cheese, spices, and mozzarella.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the baked dough.
- Top with olives and parsley, cut and serve!
So simple, right? And I dare say this is the best pizza with olives. This is going to be your new go to party appetizer!
Olive Pizza Appetizer
- 1/2 pizza dough recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (you may not use all of it)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley plus more for garnishing (see note 1)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (see note 2)
- 1/3 cup sliced green olives
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1/3 cup sliced kalamata olives
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Roll out your pizza dough into as much of a rectangle shape as you can, and then put it in the prepared baking dish. Brush the dough with olive oil (you may not use the full tablespoon), and then bake for 20 minutes or until the dough begins to turn golden brown at the edges.
- While the dough is cooking, using a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, parsley, and garlic powder.
- After the dough is out of the oven and has cooled just a little, spread the cream cheese mixture on it. Then top with the olives and sprinkle on more fresh parsley.
- Cut and serve!
- I love the fresh parsley in this recipe, and I always have some on hand in my kitchen. I think it works great as an ingredient in the filling of the pizza and it also makes a great garnish on top. That being said, if you don't want to buy fresh parsley, then you could substitute in 1 teaspoon of dried parsley.
- Please make sure not to use garlic salt.
Other great appetizers you will love!