This One Pot Southwestern Alfredo Pasta is super easy to throw together, makes the perfect weeknight meal, and is absolutely delicious! This is such a perfect dinner recipe because it all comes together in one pot and it is so fast. If you are out of dinner ideas for tonight, make this One Pot Southwestern Alfredo Pasta recipe! And if you can’t get enough chicken pasta recipes, make this Philly Cheese Steak Casserole, this Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta, or this Chicken Noodle Casserole.
Happy Monday, friends!
ONE POT SOUTHWESTERN ALFREDO PASTA
I am coming at you hot this fine Monday morning with a delicious recipe that is an older popular one. It is a one pot pasta recipe that you are going to absolutely fall in love with if you haven’t made it already. I came up with this recipe about three years ago when I was doing a TV spot for a brand and they really wanted me to show case an easy back to school meal. It doesn’t get much easier than this One Pot Southwestern Alfredo Pasta. Everything comes together in one pot, it is full of delicious flavors, and it is super easy to make.
PERFECTING THIS ONE POT PASTA RECIPE
When I first published this recipe, I didn’t have the green chilies in there. Almost immediately I started getting comments on the blog and on social media that all said the same basic thing, “I made this, it is totally amazing, but I added green chilies!” Also, since making this recipe I took a trip to the Southwest and realized that they literally put green chiles on every. single. thing. You all were totally right, this recipe needed green chiles, I don’t know what I was thinking.
HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS SOUTHWESTERN CHICKEN ALFREO PASTA?
This recipe could not be more simple to make. I love recipes like this that feel like they have been slaved over, but are actually super simple.
- Sauté the red peppers and green chiles in a large stock pot. Once they are done, remove them and set them aside.
- Fill the pot (no need to clean it) with water, and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- A minute before the pasta is done, throw in the frozen corn.
- Drain the pasta and corn, and return them to the stock pot. Add the red peppers and green chiles back in. Also add in the taco seasoning, alfredo sauce, black beans, and chicken.
OTHER GREAT EASY DINNER RECIPES
If you are looking for the One Pot Southwestern Alfredo Pasta recipe, keep right on scrolling. One more photo and you will be there. I promise. But if you plan on making this dinner recipe and you still need some other great easy chicken dinners, I have more ideas for you:
One Pot Southwestern Alfredo Pasta
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 TBSP of olive oil, and then the diced red pepper and green chiles. Cook until the red peppers are soft, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add water to the saucepan, bring to a boil, and add the penne. One minute before you need to remove the pasta (according to package directions), add the frozen corn. Drain the cooked pasta and warmed corn and return to the pan.
- Stir in the cooked pepper and chiles, chicken, and black beans. Then stir in the alfredo sauce and taco seasoning.
- Serve, topping with sour cream, diced tomatoes, and jalapeños if you like!
Looking for more great fast dinners?