I always find myself looking for easy side dish recipes that can incorporate more vegetables into my kids’ tiny tummies, and this Oven Roasted Asparagus Recipe definitely fits the bill! It is only a few ingredients, comes together easily, and roasts up perfectly while you are making your main dish. This would go perfectly with some easy chicken marsala or some baked chicken tenders. But you could also use this recipe to add asparagus to this roasted beet salad!
Remember last week when I shared that delicious Crock Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Soup and talked about being at a conference?
Guys, it was a crazy amount of fun, but OMG. Turns out you can’t talk for five days straight, drink lots of wine and whiskey (oops) at night, and get like less than 6 hours of sleep for many nights in a row and still be functional.
Sometimes I’m not great at adulting. (My computer hates that word and always autocorrects it. You’d think it would be used to me and how I live by now).
So, I’m working on being a better grown up this week.
An easy way to be a better grown up is eating your vegetables in the form of this super easy oven roasted asparagus recipe. I for reals love asparagus so hard. Sure it makes your pee smell funky for days, but it’s absolutely worth it. It’s easy to prepare and it compliments so many dishes perfectly. I made this as a side to some oven fried fish coming your way soon, but this is great next to so many recipes.
OVEN ROASTED ASPARAGUS
I love this recipe for so many reasons.
- It’s versatile. You can serve it with so many different dinners. I would love it with some oven roasted chicken or some salmon!
- Did I mention it’s versatile? If you don’t love lemon, you just leave that out. Craving some parmesan? Throw some on! That’s my favorite way to cook – recipes that are versatile and can accommodate my ever changing mood.
- The prep time on this is so minimal. It really does come together in a snap. And that makes it the perfect side dish, it doesn’t take time away from your main meal.
HOW TO MAKE OVEN ROASTED ASPARAGUS
- Grab a bunch of asparagus (or two if you are serving more than four people). Give them a wash and snap off the bottoms. That way you are sure to get rid of the tough bottom. Trim them again if you want a clean look, but it’s not necessary.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat the asparagus with olive oil. After making these two times you will have a sense of how much you need and you won’t need to measure in the future.
- Add a little fresh lemon zest and some lemon juice.
- Add some garlic salt.
- Toss gently with your hands. Throw them in the oven.
And there you have it my friends. Go forth and asparagus. Or something that makes a little more sense to people who aren’t taking cold medicine and questioning their life choices.
Oven Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- 1 bunch asparagus washed and trimmed (see note)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set a side.
- Place the asparagus on the baking sheet. Add olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic salt. Toss lightly. Spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the asparagus is fork tender.
Other great side dish recipes