These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies come together in a snap and are crazy addictive!
Is it just a thing that siblings are AWFUL to each other? Like is this just normal? Because, and I know I’m super biased, my kids are some of the nicest people on the planet. I’ve watched Quinn share candy with friends without hesitation. I’ve watched Gavin hold doors open for people. Piper will give the biggest smiles to people and melt their hearts . . . . and then at home they try to kill each other.
What is that about???
I was thinking, probably because it’s the holidays, about the time when I was little and my brothers (who are 5 and 8 years older than me) convinced me that they put a camera in my light fixture so they knew what I was getting everyone for Christmas. Holy crap, that sounds super creepy . . . . my brothers weren’t (aren’t) creeps . . . just jerks.
Or maybe I’m just focusing on the wrong things. I mean when you live with anyone they are bound to make you a little nuts. I think that’s actually how you know you want to marry someone. Take a road trip with them and if you don’t want to kill them at the end it is meant to be.
Sorry, side track.
Maybe I should be focusing on all the moments that they look out for each other. Like when we go to Trader Joes and my kids ask for an extra sucker for the kid who isn’t with us. And they actually give it to that kid when we get home. Or Piper takes a half hour at the doctor after her check up picking out the perfect sticker for Quinn. . . . . . And not on Piper shoving her sister and saying, “Get out of my room!” Good sentence, Pips! You punk.
And to be fair . . . . my brothers did buy me my first DSLR camera and did 1.2 million other amazing things for me throughout childhood and into adulthood.
Okay, here’s the part where we talk about the recipe, but FIRST! I want to say THANK YOU! to everyone who commented on my Coca-Cola Cookies post. I know it was to enter a giveaway, but seriously you guys, you brought me to tears. The who you would share a coke with stories were heartwarming and amazing and beautiful.
So! I’m going to GIVE AWAY a $25 gift card to Amazon. Just leave me a comment here before December 23rd (2016 – posts live on, people) at noon CST telling me a story of sibling love. It will make me feel better about humanity. Also? I just really love hearing from you guys.
Happy Holidays, Peeps!
Now! The recipe! These are crazy easy guys. And they are SO addictive. Here I am trying to not put on any holiday weight . . . . and then I just PLOW through these bad boys. It’s so not like me to keep desserts around the house from the blog, they are usually photographed and on their marry way, but it was hard to part with these guys. I hope you love them too!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour scooped and leveled
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
- Beat the sugar, butter, and peanut butter together. Then beat in the vanilla and the flour. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookies into one inch dough balls. Place approximately two inches apart on baking sheets (if you bake in batches make sure the sheets are cool before adding more dough).
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes or until the edges just begin to turn golden brown. Be careful not to overtake. Allow to cool for five minutes on baking sheet, then roll in powdered sugar. Cool completely and then roll in powdered sugar again. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.