These Pesto Cream Cheese Pinwheels are the perfect appetizer to make. They come together quickly, and everything in them goest together so perfectly. Your party guests will love these on a table full of delicious appetizers, like creamy corn bacon cheese dip, olive cheeseball, and honey bbq instant pot meatballs.
I really love making food for people. It’s like what I do, you know? But I’m also pretty lazy.
It’s a thing.
My blog should be The Lazy Hostess.
So! I am always on the look out for appetizers and recipes that look and taste amazing but take little to no time.
Guess what folks! We have another winner!
HOW TO MAKE PESTO CREAM CHEESE PINWHEELS
Pinwheel recipes are a great way to bulk out an appetizer table for a get together. And I’ve even seen friends make more than one kind of pinwheel and put them all on the same plate together. These Pesto Cream Cheese Pinwheels would be great on a plate with these Italian Pinwheels! Their flavors go hand in hand.
Start out with some cream cheese, parmesan, roasted red peppers, spices, and of course pesto.
Blend all the ingredients together.
Spread the cream cheese mixture on some tortillas.
Roll the cream cheese mixture up tightly inside of the tortillas.
Wrap them up with saran wrap, tightly, and refrigerate for at least four hours. This will let the flavors come together but will also firm up the cream cheese and the pesto and make it easier to cut.
When you are ready to serve them, slice them up and enjoy!
A FEW TIPS TO MAKE THIS PINWHEEL RECIPE TURN OUT PERFECT
- Start with room temperature cream cheese.
- When you are buying your parmesan cheese, pick grated and not shredded because it will just work better in this recipe.
- Keep in mind that it is easy to double or triple this recipe, once it has become your favorite.
OTHER GREAT APPETIZER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH THESE
Pesto Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers diced (see note)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tortillas
- Blend the cream cheese until it is nice and creamy (and no longer a solid brick).
- Blend in the remaining ingredients, except the tortilla shells.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the tortilla shells. Roll them tightly and then roll them in saran wrap and tighten the ends. Put them in the refrigerator for four hours or overnight.
- After removing them from the refrigerator, remove the saran wrap. Slice the rolls evenly and serve!
Other great appetizers you will want on your party table!