Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are crisp on the outside and buttery delicious on the inside. Fall pumpkin spice flavor meets a classic cookie recipe!
When fall is in the air, I want to make all the pumpkin things! Pumpkin sugar cookies, no bake pumpkin cheesecake cups and of course, these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! This easy recipe takes over for our usual Sunday night chocolate chip cookies throughout the autumn months and I’m not sorry about it one bit.
What are some of your favorite pumpkin spice desserts? Drop me a line in the comments below!
SOFT AND CHEWY PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
These cookies are my very favorite because they are not cakey! Lots of pumpkin cookie recipes are made with cake mix and they have that kind of texture. Not these babies! They are chocolate chip cookies that taste just like pumpkin spice, but they are buttery and chewy on the inside and crisp on the inside. And they are packed to the brim with chocolate chips! You guys are going to love these.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING THE BEST PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
- Your butter has to be room temperature. You should be able to push your finger into it and make a small dent but not go all the way through. Want to make that go faster? Cut your butter up into 1 inch pieces and leave it on the counter for a half hour.
- Your eggs also need to be room temperature. Want that to go faster? Fill a bowl with luke warm water and leave them in there for a few minutes.
- It’s really important to measure your flour correctly. Scoop the flour into the measuring cup and level it off. If you scoop right out of your flour container using your measuring cup, you will end up with significantly more flour.
- Make sure you cream your butter and sugar together for at least three minutes. It needs to not just be mixed, it needs to be light and fluffy. The sugar actually beats air into the butter and that’s key in baking.
- Your pans can’t be hot. If you are baking in batches and need to use your baking pans more than once, you need to make sure that they have cooled before you put more dough on them. You can make this happen fast by just running them under cold water and drying them off. Speaking of pans, I love these! And I love using these with them (pictured above).
- This isn’t essential, but I find that using a scoop helps to keep all your cookies the same size, for consistent baking and it also makes the process of getting the cookies into ball form so much faster! I love this scoop.
MORE FAVORITE PUMPKIN RECIPES
Got pumpkin on the brain now? Try a few of my favorite fall recipes featuring that popular pumpkin spice flavor:
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookies
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie from Scratch
- Pumpkin Spice Homemade Granola
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Braid
- Pumpkin Pie Dip
Bake up a batch for your next fall gathering and let me know how they turn out! I love hearing your comments, so please leave me one below. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 16 TBSPs unsalted batter melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup 100% pureed pumpkin
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth, about one minute. Add in the egg yolk, then the vanilla, then the pumpkin and mix until just combined.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture about a half cup at a time until combined being careful not to over mix. Stir in the milk chocolate chips. Make 1 1/2 TBSP dough balls and place about two inches apart. Bake for 17 minutes or until the edges of the cookies just begin to brown.
- Let sit on the baking pan two minutes, then remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.