Ranch Chex Mix can easily be made in your oven and is the perfect party snack. This Chex Mix recipe only has 10 minutes of prep time and is addictive!
As I mentioned the other day when I shared my Magic Cookie Bars, making treats for others around the holidays is a really special family tradition.
One of my favorite things is to take a whole Saturday and bake away with the kids or with friends and put together tons of boxes of goodies.
But I know that not everyone can eat sugar around the holidays. Chex Mix is great for gifting around Christmas time for those friends and family members. I made you this delicious Ranch Chex Mix that is a twist on the original I’m obsessed with!
As someone who is an obsessive snacker, I can say that these would be perfect at any holiday party. A great easy snack you can make the day before.
HOW TO MAKE CHEX MIX IN THE OVEN
I love that this ranch chex mix comes together so easily in the oven.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl.
- In a measuring cup mix together the butter, ranch mix, and Worchestershire sauce.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and toss to combine.
- Spread on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, mixing every 15 minutes.
That’s it! If you want to make this completely from scratch, check out this delicious Ranch Mix.
HOW TO MAKE CHEX MIX IN THE SLOW COOKER
You absolutely can make crock pot Chex Mix. I will give you the instructions, but I will tell you that it cooks more evenly and without burning in the oven.
To make this Chex Mix recipe in the slow cooker, cook on high for 2 hours stirring every 20 minutes.
HOW TO STORE CHEX MIX
This Ranch Chex Mix Recipe will keep for about a week when stored in an airtight container.
If you are gifting it, make sure that the containers you gift it in seal well.
SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS
If you have someone on your list who is gluten free or dairy free, this homemade Chex Mix is a great option. But you do need to make a few alternations.
GLUTEN FREE: Make sure to double check that the cereal you include is gluten free. Additionally, you should be able to find gluten free crackers and pretzels to make up the other two cups. The packaged ranch mix is gluten free.
DAIRY FREE: Please do not use the packaged ranch mix. Use the homemade mix listed above as a substitute. You will lose the buttermilk aspect of ranch, but it will still be delicious. Additionally, swap out the butter for vegan butter.
OTHER GREAT SNACK RECIPES
I love that in addition to giving as a gift around Christmas, this Ranch Chex Mix makes such a great easy holiday party snack.
If you are looking for other easy recipes for a party, check out some of my favorites:
- These Taco Pinwheels are super easy and everyone always loves them.
- My Spinach Dip is one of my very favorites. It’s easy to make, better than the packet, and I could live on it.
- This Goat Cheese Appetizer is one of my lesser known recipes, but SO GOOD! Delicious and easy to put together!
If you make this Ranch Chex Mix or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Ranch Chex Mix
- 9 cups Chex cereal You can use several varieties, a few cups of each
- 1 cup small pretzels
- 1 cup cheese crackers
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons dry ranch mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. (See post for details about cooking in slow cooker.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients – cereal, pretzels, and crackers.
- In a glass measuring cup, combine the melted butter, ranch mix, and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk to combine well.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet. Make sure to scrape down the bowl with a spatula adding any remnants to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, tossing the ingredients on the tray every 15 mintues. Remove when the ingredients are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve right away, or wait to cool and then store in an airtight container for up to a week.