This Red Sangria Recipe comes together in about 10 minutes and is SO delicious! Picture a nice summer’s day and you sitting on your deck, sipping this amazing red sangria recipe. There is a bowl of the best guacamole on the table and you have something amazing cooking on the grill. Does it get any better than that? I think not.
My birthday is a week from today.
And it’s not that I care about getting older . . . I mean, for real. I’m the youngest in the family. Each year is a notch on my belt. A year that I can claim to be older and wiser. I’m good with getting older. I used to love my birthday. Like the world stopped. It was a week of celebrations. My friends hated my birthday because they always felt like they couldn’t do enough to live up to my massive expectations of my birthdays. And they couldn’t because I’m kind of a brat. However! My birthday was awesome.
But ever since losing my mom, I hate it.
And then losing my son two and a half years later didn’t really help.
It’s like each year is another year that I have lived without them. This year as my birthday approaches I’m thinking about my mom not being at Piper’s 1st birthday party and Gavin and Elliot not wrestling each other in the living room while I scream at them. I want to be that person who rises above the heartache and says that they are grateful for the things they do have, and very often I am. But not on my birthday. On my birthday I go all “It’s my party and I can cry if I want to.” I don’t want to be a giant toddler about my birthday.
It just happens.
And Mother’s Day two days later doesn’t really help.
Screw you, calendar.
So you’ll forgive me if I just drink several pitchers of Red Sangria on my birthday, right?
WHAT’S IN A RED SANGRIA RECIPE?
This Red Wine Sangria is easy to make! It comes together with just a few simple ingredients!
- triple sec
- a great red wine – I like using a nice Cabernet
LOVE THIS RED SANGRIA RECIPE AND WANT MORE?
There are lots of ways to change up a great sangria recipe! And lucky for you I’ve explored most of them! Here are some of my very favorites:
- Cherry Sangria – this one is crazy simple, but is perfect and delicious. A great twist on your traditional sangria recipe.
- Sunset Sangria – this one is much closer to a traditional white sangria recipe, but is absolutely amazing!
- Pina Colada Sangria – this varies from traditional sangria a lot, but is too easy to be resisted!
SANGRIA RECIPES FROM FRIENDS
Still can’t get enough? Click here for all my sangria recipes.
- 3 oranges sliced
- 2 lemons sliced
- 2 limes sliced
- 1/4 cup skinny triple sec
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 750 ml Cabernet Sauvignon
- seltzer water optional
- Add the sliced fruit to a large pitcher.
- Pour the wine over and then add the brand and the skinny triple sec.
- Let the sangria sit overnight before serving.
- For a not quite as strong drink, top the glasses with seltzer water.
You might also like