These Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches from 30 Easy Meals for Reluctant Cooks are easy and packed with flavor! Perfect for an easy weeknight meal or to feed a crowd!
You guys! I’m so excited about today’s post! Today I get to tell you about my friend, Ashley’s book!
3o Easy Meals for Reluctant cooks! It’s such a great concept! Thirty days of meals. Each day has three different recipes. Often it is a main, a side, and a dessert, like Day 11: Beef and Bean Chipotle Tacos, Mexican-Style Rice, and Caramel-Banana Pie. But some days it is three great things that go together, like Day 27: Basic Pizza Dough, Quick Pizza Sauce, and Hawaiian Pizza. And other days it is just three great dishes that marry perfectly together, like Day 25: Artichoke Bruschetta Dip, Italian Salad with Herb Vinaigrette, and Homemade Spaghetti and Meatballs.
You are getting so many amazing recipes in this one cookbook, and as Ashley says in her intro, cooking is something that anyone can do. What she doesn’t say is that great cookbooks like this one make it easy and delicious!
As a side note, I just adore Ashley. She has been a blogging friend for a while now and she is just as sweet as can be. Humble, kind, and full of talent. Exactly the kind of person that you want helping you feed your family.
Especially when feeding your family includes these Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches. I’m not sure I can really call myself a food blogger since this was my first time making a french dip sandwich (#dontjudge). But these were super easy to whip up and SO yummy! I kept taking nibbles of the beef in between photos. I’m lucky that three whole sandwiches got plated and photographed. Always a good sign.
You definitely want to make these for your family and then you want to order Ashley’s book so that you can have tons of other family friendly meals on hand. (We also had her easy chimichangas and they were AMAZING.)
OTHER CROCKPOT MEALS YOU’LL LOVE
My family loves this Italian Beef Recipe. And it freezes really well!
We are huge fans of this Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup. We make it several times a month in the winter.
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- 2 TBSPs olive oil
- 2 1/2 pound beef roast
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 cups water
- 28 oz low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 TBSPs low sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 to 8 slices provolone cheese
- 6 to 8 hoagie rolls
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Generously season the meat with salt and pepper. When the oil in the pan begins to smoke, add the meat to the pan. Sear the meat on all sides, cooking until just browned.
- While the meat is searing, add the rest of the ingredients (save the cheese and hoagie rolls) to your slow cooker. Then add the meat.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours. The meat is done when when you are able to easily shred it with a fork. Remove the bay leaves.
- Add the meat to the hoagie rolls and top with cheese. Place open faced under your oven's broiler until the cheese is just melted. Serve with the bowls of the drippings from the slow cooker for dipping!