Do you remember the other day when I shared that yummy Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing? Well when I did I promised to give you a salad to put it all on. Today is that day, my friends.
To be fair, I think that that dressing could go on just about anything. I think it would be so good as a topper to some grilled chicken or poured over some fish and rice. YUMMY!
But I made this super simple salad to throw it on. I’m pretty sure this is the first time that I saw strawberries and bacon together and it got lodged in my brain. (Cathy is the best at salads.) It doesn’t seem like the most natural pairing for strawberries, but it’s phenomenal.
The flavors of the bacon, sweet strawberries and mandarin oranges, with the little tang of the dressing and the green onion go together perfectly. This salad would be great for two for dinner, for four as a side salad, or you could double or triple it and serve it at a BBQ or baby shower!
Strawberry Bacon Salad
- 4 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups of salad greens
- 4 oz or 1/4 cup mandarin oranges (see note)
- 1 large green onion or two small
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing to taste
- Combine the bacon, salad greens, strawberries, green onions, and mandarin oranges in a large bowl.
- Top with dressing and toss to combine.
You might also like