This Strawberry Lemonade is sweet, refreshing and tastes so much better than any powdered drink mix. With just THREE ingredients, it comes together in a snap!
Fresh Strawberry Lemonade is one of my favorite summer drinks to make during those sweltering months. It’s light, refreshing and because it’s made from real ingredients, it tastes so delicious! Sweet strawberry lemonade pairs so well with easy meals like burgers on the grill or our very favorite carry-out pizza. Thank you, Papa John’s, for sponsoring this post!
A LITTLE ABOUT PAPA JOHN’S PIZZA
During our courtship, Nathan and I spent a lot of nights in his apartment, watching King of Queens returns and eating our favorite pizzas from Papa John’s Our order was always the same: one pepperoni, one black olives and onion, and one order of cheese sticks. I’m pretty sure that 25% of my body was made up of Papa John’s, which I now come to know is totally a good thing since they are totally serious when it comes to their tagline, Better Ingredients. Better Pizza. They always use real ingredients, from scratch dough and 100% real cheese. We love it!
What toppings are on your favorite pizza? I can’t get enough olives and onions, but I’m open to suggestions. Please leave me a comment below!
INGREDIENTS FOR FRESH STRAWBERRY LEMONADE
Just like Papa John’s uses only real and fresh ingredients, this strawberry lemonade is made from scratch, with THREE simple ingredients. Here’s all you need:
- Fresh Strawberries: The fresher, the better for this recipe. I love getting plump, juicy berries from local farmer’s markets during the summer. Or better yet, strawberry picking with my kids. It’s such a fun summery activity. Strawberries are in peak season during the summer so you can find some beautiful, juicy ones at the grocery store.
- Lemon Juice: You’ll need a cup of lemon juice for this recipe, or the juice from about ten small lemons. *TIP* To get ample juice from your lemon, you can either roll it on the counter with your palm for a few seconds, or pop the lemons in the microwave for about ten seconds, then slice in half and squeeze. Either method will get those juices flowing and you’ll be able to get lots of delicious, tart juice for your lemonade.
- Granulated Sugar: Do yourself a favor and don’t skimp on real sugar here. Everything in moderation, right? Real sugar blends so well in this recipe and sweetens up the tangy, tart lemon juice perfectly. Save those sugar substitutes for your morning coffee, and treat yourself to real sugar in this strawberry lemonade.
MORE REFRESHING DRINK IDEAS
Want more refreshing summertime sips? Try a few more of my favorite recipes:
- Strawberry Lemonade Spritzer
- Watermelon Limeade
- Strawberry Bellinis
- Tropical Mocktails
- Skinny Italian Sodas
This lemonade went perfect with our pizza night and my kids looooved it! I can’t wait to hear what you think! Please leave me a comment below and let me know what you think. Mix up some next time you order Papa John’s!
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1 cup fresh sqeezed lemon juice about 10 small lemons
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups cold water
- Combine the strawberries and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and puree.
- Add the puree to a medium sauce pan. Add the sugar and 1 cup water and bring to a light simmer over medium heat, stirring consistently until the sugar is completely dissolved, about 8 minutes.
- Strain into a large pitcher and chill. Once cooled, add three cups of water, stir, and serve over ice.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Papa John’s, who provided the pizza featured in this conversation to me free-of-charge. Papa John’s has NO trans fats, no MSG, no BHA or BHT, no fillers in its meat toppings and no partially hydrogenated oils. To learn more, visit www.papajohns.com/better. The opinions and text are all mine. Order now!