Only FIVE INGREDIENTS, this Taco Braid made with crescent roll dough (or pizza dough) is such an easy and delicious dinner, you are going to want to make it again and again. Made with ground beef, taco seasoning, cheese, and salsa, this crescent braid could not be more simple. It is a fun twist on my Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Braid! If you want more tacos that aren’t tacos make sure you look at this Taco Pasta Salad and these Taco Stuffed Peppers!
Do you ever look back at certain periods of your life and think, “How the hell did I get through that??” I feel like I have a lot of those moments in my history as a mom. One of my most popular recipes, my Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Braid, came out of one of those times. I was *super* pregnant with Piper, so just generally big and miserable.
And then Quinn had just gotten her adenoids and tonsils removed. So she was post-op, in pain, and kind of miserable.
And then Gavin got the stomach flu.
And then Nathan had to work some crazy long hours.
And I was working on a post for Pillsbury that was supposed to be a twist on a St. Patrick’s day recipe . . . and I felt brain dead and exhausted and like it just wasn’t going to happen.
This Taco Braid is a twist on Taco Night your family will love!
So the chicken pot pie braid did not make Quinn heal faster or take away Gavin’s stomach flu or make me feel less huge or make me feel less of single mom that weekend. But! It was pretty cool after to have my first viral recipe.
I guess it goes to show that you never know what will come out of those “How the hell” moments.
You guys really have to make this Taco Braid ASAP. It is made with Pillsbury seamless crescent sheets, but if you can’t find those you could always make it with their pizza dough. It makes for such an easy dinner that your family will be sure to love. Top it with all your favorite taco toppings or just leave it as is!
Some other great twists on taco night are this Taco Chili that you can make in the Instant Pot, stovetop, OR the slow cooker (!!). These totally dreamy and comforting Stuffed Taco Shells. And I can’t get enough one pot meals! – One Pot Taco Casserole.
- 1 seamless crescent roll dough
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese divided
- fresh tomato and lettuce and jalapeños for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain the fat. Stir in the taco seasoning and the salsa. (Do not add water.) Set aside.
- Spread the crescent roll dough out on a silicon mat or parchment paper and place that on a baking pan. Leaving three inches in the middle, make cuts down the side of the dough an inch apart on both sides.
- Spread the beef mixture down the middle of the braid. Top with 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Take a strip of dough from one side and fold it over the middle mixture. Then take a strip from the other side and fold it over the middle. Continue down the dough, alternating sides until it is completely folded over.
- Pinch the ends of the dough to keep the filling inside while it bakes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese over the top of the braid.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes so that the top is nice and golden brown.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before topping with your favorite taco ingredients, cutting into it, and serving.