Whether it’s Taco Tuesday or Taco Anyday, you need The Best Pico de Gallo recipe! This recipe comes together with just a few ingredients and is perfect for eating with chips alongside a big bowl of guacamole or throwing on top of my slow cooker taco chicken for just the easiest of weeknight dinners!
THE BEST PICO DE GALLO RECIPE
You guys, I’m going to need you to stop what you are doing right now.
You need to make this Pico de Gallo immediately.
I know that I am not typically this forceful about recipes, except when it comes to things like The Best Margarita or The Best Cream Cheese Frosting. But . . . . here we are again with THE BEST PICO DE GALLO.
HOW TO MAKE PICO DE GALLO
This is the simplest of simple recipes, which is why I am demanding that you make it right now instead of being patient. There are only a few things that you need to make it. All diced together and delicious:
- Plum Tomatoes
- Small White Onion
- Lime Juice
See! So simple and easy.
TIPS TO MAKE THIS PICO DE GALLO RECIPE TURN OUT PERFECT
Are you scratching your head a little wondering how I could possibly have tips for such a simple recipe? Yeah, I get it. But I do!
- The tomatoes are best when you buy plum because they stay firm which is great for something you are dipping chips into. Also, I love pulling out the pulp of the tomato because that keeps this from getting too soggy.
- When you are cutting the jalapeños you have two options for not burning the life out of everything you touch afterwards. First, you can wear gloves. Super simple. Or! Instead of cutting down the middle of the jalapeño like you are used to doing with peppers, cut the four sides of the pepper off. This is a great trick I learned from Jamie that keeps you from getting in contact with the middle of the jalapeño where all the heat is.
- Your best bet is to use fresh lime juice. I know the bottled stuff is super convenient, but fresh is better.
There are so many great things that you can eat this pico de gallo on and with, but my favorite is chicken tacos. I have a great recipe to make taco chicken in the slow cooker, but I also have one for the Instant Pot coming soon! Are you giddy with excitement?
While you are at the grocery store picking up the ingredients for this Pico de Gallo and the rest of your taco night, make sure you grab what you need to make the best guacamole and this avocado salsa too. There is NEVER enough dip on my table.
If you are having a taco night make these other great recipes to put on your table:
- Margarita Fruit Dip . . . . aren’t dessert dips just the best?
- Thai Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos – I have yet to meet a fish taco that I didn’t like, and these look awesome!
- Avocado Tacos – she had me at avocado!
The Best Pico de Gallo Recipe
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno diced small
- 1/2 small white onion diced small
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro diced
- kosher salt to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients and serve with tortilla chips or on top of tacos.
Other great recipes for your Taco Tuesday