This three ingredient simple green smoothie recipe is made with simple ingredients: yogurt, banana, and spinach. This simple spinach smoothie is totally delicious! It is great for smoothie beginners and those interested in weight loss. Make it for a fast breakfast or a great afternoon snack – I can’t get enough great three ingredient smoothies. If you are looking for other great breakfast ideas, make sure you try these Cheese and Sausage Egg Muffins and this Quinoa Breakfast Recipe.
This is an older post that I’m updating with new photos, but you guys, you could literally change out Quinn’s name and replace with Piper’s. The story is exactly the same. Down to the fun paper straw. This Three Ingredient Green Smoothie is officially TODDLER APPROVED.
Story from 2014:
If you ask Quinn what she wants to eat, pretty much any time of day, it is “Pampakes. Chocolate chip pampakes.” If it doesn’t have chocolate chips in it or wasn’t deep fried, Quinn doesn’t really want anything to do with it. A deep fried chocolate chip pancake would probably be all of her dreams come true.
Okay, that’s not totally fair. The girl will eat red peppers, tomatoes, and baby carrots with the best of them. But, she doesn’t like anything new, and she most certainly doesn’t like anything green.
So when I made this green smoothie the other day, I thought for sure she wouldn’t even been willing to try it. But she DID! And she liked it!! Okay, to be fair, she drank a ton of it, told me she didn’t like it, and then drank some more. Being three and being stubborn is awesome. #sarcasm
When I made it again for the photo shoot, she had more. But only out of the straw with hearts. 🙂
HOW DO I MAKE A GREEN SMOOTHIE?
This smoothie is made with three simple ingredients.
- Vanilla Yogurt: For a creamier smoothie, add more yogurt. If you want to make this a vegan spinach smoothie, use some soy yogurt. There are great brands on the market right now, and it is equally delicious with non-dairy yogurt.
- Bananas: You can use a ripe banana and ice, or you can make it thicker by using frozen bananas. Keeping frozen bananas in your freezer is a great idea if you are making smoothies regularly.
- Spinach: This recipe calls for two cups of spinach. Spinach is so good for you, and if you are afraid of it, this is the perfect way to have it.
If you are looking for more great smoothie recipes, make sure you check out this Rise and Shine Smoothie. Definitely make this Almond Butter Banana Smoothie. And if you love the idea of making smoothies in the morning but the prep seems like too much, check out How to Make Freezer Smoothie Bags!
Three Ingredient Green Smoothie
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt see note
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups of baby spinach lightly packed
- Blend all ingredients together and enjoy!
You might also like