I’m so happy to be partnering with Horizon to bring you this amazing melt in your mouth delicious cookie!
So I get that I’m super late to the party on this one, but I have to tell you . . . . all I really want to do is snuggle up in a comfy blanket and binge watch Gilmore Girls. (!!!) OMG. I’m obsessed. I never really watched it when it was first on, so now we are starting at the beginning and I’m totally in love. The funny quips, the smart writing, the tame story line . . . you guys if my kids walk in while we are watching it it’s not a big deal! As opposed to West World, lol. P.S. Did you guys watch the finale yet??? THAT is it’s own whole post. Anyway . . . life is super stressful right now with work, and with all the business that comes with the holiday season . . . and then we got a snow storm. You guys, it was like Mother Nature was saying, “Just look at the falling pretty snow . . . snuggle up with a blanket . . . grab some Vanilla Bean Snowball Cookies . . . and turn on Gilmore Girls.” And my goodness, Mother Nature, you make such a good point. So you guys, just like the soft inviting cushion of my couch, these Vanilla Bean Snowball Cookies are totally irrisistable. You guys. Like craaaaaaazy good. They are basically a butter cookie, so you really want to make sure you use a good quality butter. I love Horizon . . . . . everything, and you really cannot go wrong with their Unsalted Butter. It makes these cookies absolutely melt in your mouth amazing. Before you stress about spending $300 on vanilla beans to make these cookies, keep in mind that you can buy vanilla bean paste. It gives you great vanilla flavor, but also those gorgeous little vanilla bean speckles that you want. Hooray! I know you can find it online but you can also often find it on a discount at Home Goods, TJ Max, those kinds of stores. I made these both with chopped pecans and without. I really preferred it without because it made the vanilla taste jump out, but it’s up to you friends. For more great recipes using Horizon products be sure to follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Vanilla Bean Snowball Cookies
- 16 TBSPs Unsalted Horizon Butter room temperature (see note)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 tsps vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups flour 9 ounces or 255.15 grams (see note)
- 2 cups chopped pecans optional
- powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter and sugar together just until combined. Add the vanilla bean paste and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Add in the flour and (pecans if using), and beat until just combined.
- Using a 1 1/2 TBSP scoop, scoop out cookie dough, roll and place on a parchment or silicon mat lined baking sheet an inch apart and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- After removing them from the oven, let cool on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes, then very gently roll them in powdered sugar. Allow them to cool completely and then roll in powdered sugar again.