This Watergate Cake combines all of your favorite Watergate Salad Recipe ingredients and turns it into a super easy to make cake! Yellow cake, pistachio pudding, pineapple, and walnuts come together to make a fabulous cake! Your family will love this super easy poke cake recipe.
I wrote a post the other day on Instagram about how the other evening I was putting Piper to bed and yawned when I was singing her goodnight song.
She looked at me and said, “Are you tired from yelling at us all day?”
That kid you guys. Everyone always loves to tell me how cute she is. But she has more spunk in one little pinky finger than the rest of the family does combined. She is sweet as honey one minute and then giving us a run for our money the next.
I’m totally open to advice from anyone else raising a spunky monkey.
But in the meantime, let’s talk about this Watergate Cake recipe instead, kay?
HOW DO YOU MAKE A WATERGATE CAKE?
I used a cake mix for this guy, but you could totally use your favorite yellow cake recipe to make this a watergate cake from scratch.
- Grab your favorite yellow cake box mix, and add some pistachio pudding to it (just the dry mix). Mix it up according to the instructions.
- When it comes out of the oven, poke holes in the top and add crushed pineapple.
- Let it cool completely and then top it with cool whip and walnuts. So easy, right??
OTHER GREAT POKE CAKE RECIPES
I love making poke cakes, which is what this Watergate Cake with pineapple technically is. They are easy to throw together and there are so many different flavor combinations that you can do.
- This Caramel Zucchini Poke Cake is entirely from scratch and it is worth every second second you put into it. It’s seriously one of my favorites.
- I also really love this Baileys Poke Cake because . . . . well, Baileys lol.
- This Samoas Poke Cake is an old recipe of mine, but it is a GOOD ONE. It tastes just like your favorite girl scout cookie!
- You have to check out the frosting on this Reese’s Poke Cake!
- I am literally drooling over this Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake.
Tell me what your favorite poke cake recipe is!
- 1 box yellow cake mix (plus the ingredients the recipe calls for)
- 3.4 ounce box pistachio pudding mix (just the dry mix)
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine the dry cake mix with the pistachio pudding mix (just the dry pudding mix). Then add the rest ingredients the cake mix calls for and bake according to package instructions.
- Remove the cake from the oven, poke holes in the top of the hot cake, and pour the crushed pineapple over it, making sure to get pineapple in each hole.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Top with cool whip and walnuts, serve, and enjoy!
Other great poke cakes you are sure to love!