These White Chicken Chili Stuffed Peppers are easy, baked up in the oven, and on the healthy side for a perfect delicious dinner!
I love stuffed peppers. They are such a great comforting dinner that I can pack ALL the food groups into. They are delicious and comforting and leave me feeling like I have a healthy dinner on the table for my family. Annnnnnd, I know you guys like stuffed peppers, and you know how much I love making you food you like. My Taco Stuffed Peppers and my Italian Stuffed Peppers are two of my most popular dinner recipes, and for good reason, they are both totally amazing. My family eats them all the time. Gavin will come running downstairs yelling to Quinn “We’re having the Pizza Peppers for dinner!!” Which, by the way would be another great twist.
These White Chicken Chili Stuffed Peppers don’t have any rice, so if you are looking for a low carb dinner, this is a great option. It has three great sources of protein: chicken, white beans, and cheese. And unlike my other two stuffed pepper recipes, this one is made without tomato sauce. So it’s a super unique and easy stuffed bell peppers recipe.
White Chicken Chili Stuffed Peppers Tips
I totally think that stuffed peppers fresh out of the oven stand on their own, but if you are looking for something to serve with them, this easy side salad would be perfect or this cilantro lime quinoa would go great next to these! I can never get enough of this easy beet salad and this bacon jalapeño cream corn is to die for!
These peppers have all the flavor of the creamy white chicken chili that you love, but in stuffed bell pepper form. They are absolutely delicious and they can totally be made ahead of time and then topped with cheese and thrown in the oven right before dinner.
White Chicken Chili Stuffed Peppers Recipe
White Chicken Chili Stuffed Peppers
- 5 bell peppers
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken cubed
- 2 tsps cumin
- 2 tsps oregano
- 1 15 ounce can Northern Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 4 ounce can green chiles drained
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut off the tops of the bell peppers, remove the seeds, and dice the tops. Place the emptied bell pepper bottoms in the base of a casserole dish.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Season the diced pepper tops, onion, and garlic with salt and pepper and sauté until soft, about five minutes.
- Stir in the cumin, oregano, and diced green chiles.
- Then stir in the chicken, beans, and one cup of the cheese.
- Divide the mixture into the five bell pepper bottoms. Top them with the remaining cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
If you like the taste of white chicken chili you will love this Slow Cooker Creamy White Chicken Chili.
And I love this vegetarian spin with Cauliflower Quinoa Vegan White Chili.
And if you need ALL the stuffed pepper recipes, you will need these Cheesy Broccoli Rice Stuffed Peppers.